Trust

Thomas's pov

12 am 1 week later

This has been one of the worst weeks of my life. How could I have been such a bad parent that my own daughter is terrified of me, and tries to hide whenever I enter a room she's in. Everyone is worried about me, I have hardly eaten, I hardly come out of my room in fear I will scare chloe, and have lied awake in bed almost every night thinking of how different things could have been if I had just listened to the kids. I am miserable and everyone knows it, even Mia isn't bringing me the same joy she used to. It used to be just being with her would make my day, but right now the only thing I need is Chloe's forgiveness.

What hurts even more is that Chloe has already started to forgive Quinn. Not fully yet but enough that they can have civil conversations without one of them breaking down. It all started when Chloe came home.

Flashback (chloe's pov)

Charli and I run into the house but stop dead a few feet from the open door

"Can we talk" quinn is standing there looking at her feet.

I look between mom and Quinn, mom gestures for me to go with her with a 'trust me look' "fine i guess" I follow her down the hallway to the office.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry" I am beyond shocked. That's not at all what I thought was about to come out of her mouth. "Look I know you probably wont forgive me, but I was just jealous. Everyone loved you and I was worried they would forget about me"

"I forgive you... sorta. This doesn't mean I like you but I get that jealousy can drive you to do some pretty crazy things" I nod and walk out of the room. Mom, aunt kouvr, and aunt Charli all have their ears pressed to the door and fall when I open it. "Were you guys eavesdropping?" I ask

"Whaaaaaaaat nooooooooo" aunt charli says looking anywhere but at me

Flashback over

"No- no stop" I hear someone wimparing from the girls room. I open the door and peek inside to see Chloe tossing and turning in bed. "Please don't hurt me" she cries. I rush to her side and gently shake her awake. She shoots up and looks at me, tears filling her eyes. I consciously reach out to her, now wanting to make her any more frightened than she is. She hesitates for a second before getting up jumping into my arms and crying into my shoulder.

"Shhhh" I rock her in my arms muttaring soothing words. I felt so good to be able to hug her, I missed this feeling more than anything else in the world. I hold her close as she crys. "It's ok princess, I'm right here" I gently kissed the top of her head.

"They w-were try-trying to g-g-get me" she whimpers

"No one is going to get you, not while I'm here" I sit with her in my arms while she slowly starts to drift to sleep.

"Good night dad" my heart stops when she says that. I look down at her to see she's totally asleep in my arms. I smile and gently pick her up, she stays passed out in my arms and I quietly open the door. I poke Mia a little and she looks up at us.

"What's going on" she whispers

"She was having a nightmare and fell asleep in my arms" I whisper back, she nods. I lay Chloe down on my side of the bed and Mia puts a protective arm over her. Grab a blanket from the closet and go lay down on the couch, I dont want to overwhelm her.

A/n so i have been getting way more homework than I thought so I need to update my posting scedual. I will only be posting once a week, as much as I would love to do more than that I simply dont have the time. blame my teachers, I have to make 60+ flash cards for a class. this isnt even the first time but the second for the same class we did this at the begining of the year to (diffrent words), I swear this teacher wants to torture us. I mean you can't tell me thats ridiculous . anyway lets hope they give less homework so I have more free time.