So not at all

Chloe's pov

1 week later

Ace and I have come up with a plan to run away. His parents can't separate us, they just can't. Ace was in charge of finding us a place to stay, and I was in charge of gathering food and water. We got pretty lucky when we found a guy selling a trailer and would expect cash, no questions asked. We didn't even have to show him a drivers license. Kinda shady if you ask me, but it will do. Thankfully the rehab center we found doesn't have an opening for me and Ace yet.

2 am

I'm sitting in my room waiting for Ace to get here. I really hope mom and dad don't wake up, that would ruin everything. For that matter quinn would also ruin everything if she woke up. Please no one wake up, I want this to go as smoothly as possible.

texts

Ace: You ready for this i'm almost there.

Chloe: No not really but let's do this.

Ace: It's going to be ok.

Ace: Were in this together.

Chloe: I know but i'm going to miss my family.

 Chloe: Even quinn.

Ace: I know but they're going to separate us if we don't leave.

Chloe: Yeah I know but i'm still going to miss them.

Ace: I just got here.

Chloe: Ok be out in a few.

End of messages.

I grab my backpack and some last minute snacks. I had already packed and handed off most of the food and my clothes yesterday, so I didn't have much now. I left a note on my bed. I quietly closed the front door behind me and ran to where Ace and I had agreed to meet.

"You ready baby," ace smiles as I climb into the camper

"As I'll ever be," I kiss him. I look around the camper and take in our new home.

(Just skim it to get the gist of it you dont need to watch the whole video)

It's no castel but it will do. "Lets go I found a campsite we can park at," I nod and buckle my seatbelt.

The next morning

Mia's pov

Where the hell is chloe. She often sleeps late on the weekends but not this late. I really hope she didn't sneak out to Aces again. I better go check, I slowly push her door open to reveal an empty room. "Chloe?" I called. No reply. "CHLOE!" I yell.

"Honey, why are you yelling for chloe?" Thomas asks, looking bewildered.

"She didn't come down for breakfast so I came up to check on her and she's not here," I explained, "I don't think she's here. If she's gone this would have been the third time we've lost her. What kind of parents have their child run away not only once, not twice, but three times? Oh right, bad parents." I flop on to chloe's bed.

"She's only run away twice, counting this time if she did. The first time was less running away and more going to the park with Dixie and Addison without telling us. But that's besides the point. We are not bad parents, we should have known something was up. I mean she has been acting super jumpy all week." he sighs "don't worry we will find her, she would never run away without a reason."

"I guess so, we should start by looking for a note, she left one last time." Thomas and I start searching the room for a note.

"Found one," Thomas called a moment later.

"She's with Ace isn't she," Thomas grimaces

"Probably, ash and sage wouldn't run away to deal with a problem. And that really only leaves Ace as someone she would run away with." I sigh.

Chloe's pov

Right after she wakes up

I open my eyes and it takes a second for me to remember where I am. Right I ran away again. I look to my side and see Ace with an arm around my waist holding me close. I remember last night he was worried that the campsite might be sketchy and he wanted to keep me close. Slowly wigging out of his arms I get up and look outside the door. I don't know what he was worried about, this place is beautiful.

We had parked at the farthest spot from the entrance as we could

We had parked at the farthest spot from the entrance as we could. We were probably a good 30 to 40 miles from civilization (48 to 64 kilometers).

"Babe," Ace whispers wrapping his arms around my waist, "why did you get up?"

"I felt like it," I smile, I lean back into his arms and breathe in the forest air. "Being out here with you is so nice. the sound of birds waking me up and no quinn shrieking about god knows what." he laughs and walks back inside.

I start to follow him but he stops me at the door, "Wait out here and just take the forest in, I'm going to make some coffee and cut up fruit so we can eat outside. let's take advantage of this place while we can." he gave me a peck and walked inside. I smile and sit down at the picnic bench a few yards from the camper. this is going to be a much needed detox from the world, I can't wait.