compromise

2 weeks later

Today is finally the day. I GET TO GO HOME! Don't get me wrong I have loved living with Ace and no parents, but I miss my sister, I miss my other friends, I miss my family, but most of all I miss my bed. The bed in here is not comfy. Mom and dad have been slowly convincing Ace's parents to let us go to a place together. They have been super reluctant, but have finally come around under a few conditions.

They get to pick the place

We must keep our grades up while we are there

I have to be on birth control the whole time we are there

No difference there, I have been on it for a year already. I hope they pick a nice place, they don't seem to care about Ace and they don't like me. I'm worried they are going to set us up for failure. Mom is sceptial too but said even if I don't want to leave Ace I always have the choice to go to the place of my choice. Leaving him would be hard but sometimes that's just life but I don't think he would be able to survive without me. Since moving into the trailer he's been super clingy, I guess we are both dealing with the withdrawal symptoms in different ways. He has been super depressed and needs to be reassured that he is worth it like 10 times a day, I just find it hard to have motivation to do anything at all. I just want to stay in bed all day but I need to be strong for him.

Heading home

Ace and I have finished packing the trailer up and are slowly making our way home, we both know we are going to miss the freedom but it's time.

"You exited" I ask

"Not really, but you're happy and that makes me happy." He kisses my hand.

I smile and turn the radio on. We sing and laugh all the way home.

Chloe's house

We pull up my driveway and I see Quinn bouncing around outside the door. Mom, dad, and Sage are watching her. However, Ace's parents are standing a few feet away looking upon them in disgust. I hate those people, they make Ace feel so bad about himself. They act like they are all that, and better than everyone. I know he feels super intimidated by them, like whatever he does isn't good enough. That's why he started hanging out with the people he did, they weren't the best influences but at least they cared. I step out of the car and Quinn sprints over and hugs me super tight. "I missed you so much," she says.

"I missed you too" I hugged her again and then walked over to mom and dad. They pull me into a tight hug.

"don't you ever ever do that to me again" Mom says sterly "next time come and talk to us"

"I will. I'm sorry and I love you guys" I smiled. I hear yelling and look over at Ace whose parents are screaming at him. I feel so bad, he looks back over at me and smiles weakly. I walk over to sage and hug her to, she tells me how stupid I am for running away.

Ace's pov

I watch Chloe dash out of the car to be greeted with hugs and excited people. I cautiously get out of the car and walk over to my parents.

"What were you thinking? '' My father screeches "do you know what it's like to have to explain to people how you ended up with such a child?" When Chloe and I are older I will never ever be like my parents

"I'm sorry" I sigh and look at my feet

"Your father and I tried too hard to raise you and we ended up with this. You bring shame to our family" My mother seethes. What exactly do they mean by raise, they were never around. I always had a nanny.

"I'm sorry mother," I look over and chloe and give her a small smiles, she smiles back and goes to talk to sage "I will try harder next time"

"Except there will be no next time this is your last chance" my father snaps "your mother and I are tired of having to fix your mistakes."

"I understand father" I sigh

"Good now get in the car" he hisses and I go sit in the back seat. I see my parents go and talk to Chloe's family. They both nod and shake hands. I guess they picked where we were going to go. Mother and father (a/n that's what he calls them) get back in the car and lecture me on the way home.

When we arrive they take my phone and send me up to my room to pack. They said we would be leaving in a week to go to the center and I was grounded till then. I so badly wanted to sneak out to Chloe's house but I didn't want my parents to change their mind or get her in more trouble too. She texted me before I got my phone taken away and said she was grounded, and was stuck babysitting all her aunt Dixie's kids for the next week since she was out of town and her uncle worked all day. I remember her saying her aunt and uncle have 5 kids so I hope she survives.