High School

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

Chloe's pov

Today is my first day of senior year. It's also my first day at a new high school. Sage and I had to transfer since word got out about who our parents were and used to be, people started to try and take advantage of us. Mostly Sage since she can be kind of a pushover, especially when she feels threatened by you. Despite what some people might think, the abuse memories stick, which has made the two of us more vulnerable at times. We never know what's going to be a trigger that day. Sage often gets more triggered than I do. I went to a lot of therapy when I was younger, but Sage had a hard time opening up so she didn't find it as beneficial. That also got around the school so people started to try to trigger panic attacks on purpose.

Before school

I wake up with my alarm blaring in my ears. Fuck, I hate morning. I slide out of bed and put my jacket on. Today is the first day of junior year in high school... woot. I am not at all looking forward to this. I don't like school, in fact it's safe to say I hate it. My door flies open

"Mom made waffles." quinn squeals. "I love school" I chuckle as I follow her downstairs. The smell of waffles and coffee fills my nose as we enter the kitchen. I pour myself a cup of coffee and leave it on the counter while I grab the creamer. "Ooooo coffee," Quinn grins, reaching for my mug.

"Absolutely not" I pulled the coffee away from her. She huffs and trudges away from me.

"Ok, who wants waffles?" Mom says.

"MEEEE" Quinn screams. We laugh and mom hands her a plate of waffles.

She turns and looks at me "do you want any chloe?"

"No thanks, I think I'm going to have oatmeal." I smile and pull some fruit out of the fridge while the water boils.

"YAY more for me" quinn cheers. I roll my eyes and finish making my food.

I finish eating my oatmeal and go upstairs to change

(non existent dress code)

"You look great honey" mom says as I come down the stairs.

"Thanks mom" I smile.