Chapter 10

You were familiar with Harry's bed, maybe a little too familiar even, but when he threw you onto it as if you were a rag doll you suddenly felt as if someone had pushed you on stage, all lights on you

You'd been in bed with Harry before, you'd even fallen asleep against his chest. You'd been intimate. So why was it then that your heart was threatening to break free from your chest?

The way he was looking at you was ravenous. He was standing at the edge of the bed, undressing, his eyes never leaving yours. You tried to maintain eye contact, but his gaze was too intense and besides, you really wanted a better look at his tattoos, and even in the dim light the streetlamps cast upon his bedroom you could see him clearly.

"Enjoying the view, darling?" he smirked, noticing your eyes widening when he was finally topless. You'd seen him without his shirt before, if only just briefly, but somehow it didn't quite register just how... fit he was. Of course you knew he was well built... but damn. He clearly worked out, you don't just get all toned like that from... interior designing. When you didn't even acknowledge him he chuckled then lowered his voice "You're falling behind"

You then looked back up at him, for a second not even registering what he'd said. But then he was crawling on top of you, caging you in between his arms as he supported his weight on his elbows. He looked at you intently, brushing his fingers against your temple and then tucking a loose strand behind your ear "Cold feet?"

"No" you whispered back, taken aback a bit, your brows furrowing slightly. Why would he think that?

"You just... shut down, sometimes. Can't figure out what goes on inside that pretty head of yours" he tapped your temple gently and smiled, and you could've just melted then and there. You just felt so... safe. So protected, cherished even. You couldn't even explain why. He then kissed your forehead, smoothening the crease between your brows and the way this had gone from incredibly hot to incredibly sweet in a matter of seconds was sending you spiraling "Tell me what you're thinking" he coaxed, his eyes softening, caressing along your cheekbone using the back of his fingers

You breathed out a smile "You're the one that's got a way with words, not me"

"Just wanna know what's on your mind..." he looked at you from under hooded eyes "I've missed you"

Your breath caught; damn. It wasn't just what, but the way he said it "I missed you, too" you could feel your smile growing on your face and he followed suit

"Yeah?"

"Of course. That's why I'm here" you tilted your head to the side a little

"Thought you were here to save my career" he raised an eyebrow playfully

"That too. But mainly because I couldn't stop thinking of how you'd waited for me on my front doorsteps last week" you blurted all that out before you could even process it properly. You just felt so relaxed, so at ease... that it just... slipped.