Chapter 15

A/N: trigger warning-mentions of violence!

You woke up surrounded by darkness, and for a brief second you had no clue where you were, but the feel and smell of Harry in your proximity anchored you. Your mind didn't even try and make sense of where you were once it figured out he was right there next to you. You were safe, and that was all that mattered. You blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness and soon you could make out Harry's sparkly eyes looking at you, the back of his fingers gently caressing the side of your face that wasn't buried into the pillow.

"Hello there, sleeping beauty"

You chortled mid-yawn "Ugh. Why didn't you wake me up? How late is it? I must've slept the whole day away"

"You were sleeping so soundly, I couldn't find it in me to wake you up. I even got up a couple times and you didn't wake up, which is unlike you"

You rested your head back on the pillow looking at how he was looking at you adoringly, his head propped up on his hand, his other hand still caressing every inch of skin he could reach. You loved that he already knew you were a light sleeper and kept note of that. Why did that mean so much to you? It must've been the novelty of it "Still... you should've woken me up. Now I'm gonna fuck up my sleep schedule"

"I'd say it was already fucked up since the past few days" he hummed and you playfully pushed his hand away

"And whose fault is that?"

"Oh I take full responsibility. Don't worry, we'll figure out a way to fix your sleep schedule. Just gotta get you tired enough, and I can think of a few ways to arrange that"

"Oh God, Harry. You're going to burn me out. I swear I can't keep up with you. Are you sure you're not actually a teenage boy?" he laughed at that but you caught yourself before you could join him in "Hey," you cleared your throat "Uhm. About that. Do you think maybe we should... talk about what happened? Is now a good time? Or are you still brooding over it?"

"I thought we... hashed that out earlier, in the shower" he raised an eyebrow and you mirrored his expression, only yours was more the "cut the bullshit" kind

"We don't have to, if you don't want to. But I just... I do. I wanna have this conversation so that we can move on from it and not have it be an issue again"

Harry turned serious, furrowing his brows and he kissed your hand before retracting his, giving you his full attention "Ok. Let's"

"Ok" you sat up against the headboard and he rested on his elbows looking at you "I just... I wanna know what set you off like that. A lot of things were happening, and I just wanna understand, wanna know what it was that upset you so much"

Harry sighed, shaking his head and lowering his gaze to the pillow he was hugging to his bare chest "All this could've been avoided if we'd just driven up here"