Chapter 13

You tried eating all your omelette, you had a feeling Harry would disapprove of you pushing your food around the plate especially after having told him that you'd barely eaten the previous day, but the proposition he'd just landed on you was makin...

You tried eating all your omelette, you had a feeling Harry would disapprove of you pushing your food around the plate especially after having told him that you'd barely eaten the previous day, but the proposition he'd just landed on you was making swallowing down your food a difficult task.

He wanted you to go away with him on what was practically a business trip for him to California, and you were absolutely terrified.

He got up and cleared the dishes after you'd finished, and you were hyper aware of how silent the both of you had been and what a huge shift in the mood this had caused, but you didn't know what to do, didn't know how to express how you were feeling about it.

You cleared your throat, trying to brighten the mood a bit "So, what do you normally do on weekends?"

He glanced over at you, a bit taken aback by your sudden chirpy tone "Hmm. Not much. I normally do some grocery shopping, clean around the house a bit..."

You couldn't help but giggle "What, you're being serious?"

He furrowed his brows smilingly placing a hand on his hip "Yeah. I don't have the time to do any of that during the week. I hit the gym for a full body workout. Normally I just go for runs during the week and maybe do some pull ups at home, but... why are you looking at me like that?" he grinned

You could barely contain your own grin "Harry. This might be the first time you've actually shown your age since I've known you" you giggled "But in an endearing way. Also, I wanna see you do some pull ups. Show me?" you bit your lower lip and he squinted his eyes at you before he gestured for you to follow him into his garage

You eyed his other car you hadn't seen out of the garage before but you weren't about to ask him about that when you were about to see him flex some muscle right before your very eyes.

He showed you the traction bar he'd set right at the doorframe going into the kitchen that you'd just come through and you then watched as he launched himself upward and effortlessly pulled himself towards the bar.

"Holy shit. How do you make it look so easy?"

He grimaced a bit after a few pull ups and he landed on his feet with a thump "Wanna give it a try?"

You took a step back "No? I've never done that. I barely exercise at all. I run too, that's the only kind of exercise I do, frankly"

"You do? Gotta go on a run together, then"

Your smile widened, wanting to take him up on his offer but then it slowly faded realizing it wasn't as easy as it sounded "Yeah, uh. We'll... find a way to do that"

His brows knitted as realization dawned on him as well "C'mere"

"Nooo!"

"Y/N"

That was his no nonsense tone, and although he'd used it playfully you knew him well enough by now to know you were not getting your way when he used it "I'm gonna fall and break my neck"