Chp 1 - First Day

Art above is not mine.
—————————————————————————————

Y/N drowsily opened her eyes as she heard her alarm from her phone. She groaned at the annoying repeating sound as she turned in her warm bed. Finally she got up, ripping the comfy blanket off of her and turned off the alarm. Y/N stretched and gave off a tired yawn. She got off her bed, annoyed that she had to wake up so early. But then she remembered. It was her first day of school after all her failed attempts on joining any. Most of the schools Y/N has tried to register only accepted monsters. But a few had accepted her, but the treatment they gave her was poor and she was always treated harshly there as she was the only human attending there. They didn't accept humans like her. But a new opportunity had finally opened up to her. Maybe she could make new friends, maybe find another human like her..

Y/N jumped out of bed and hurriedly changed to her clothes and fixed her hair which was messy. Finally ready she ate a quick breakfast and set out of her little home. Y/N sprinted through the town which was full of monsters who sometimes greeted her since she was new in the small town. At least they didn't mind she wasn't a monster. As she crossed the street Y/N saw a red car sped by, but what grabbed her attention was a kid in there yet they didn't look like a monster. Shaking the thought away she checked the time on her phone, panicking at the time. "Shoot I'm going to be late!" She said to herself. Y/N began sprinting again.

She finally arrived at the school taking a few gasps of breath before entering in. Opening the doors of the school she walked in, the halls empty.  Y/N rummaged through her pocket to pull out a form telling her schedule. She read through it finally finding what she was looking for. "Homeroom, Ms.Alphy," she mumbled to herself. "Where is that though?" She started to panic again, she was already late as it is.

But then suddenly, Y/N caught the sound of a voice. She walked forward turning a corner to see a monster hugging a her kid, probably the same age she was or older. Yet, this kid didn't look like a monster.

It looked more like a..human.

Remembering she had to get to class, she thought if they knew where it was. She went to them shyly, catching the goat monster that was dropping off her kid. "Oh, why hello!" She greeted Y/N friendly. Almost at a lost of words Y/N managed to peep out a hello. "Aren't you the new student around here?" The friendly goat said. "U-Um yes!" You stuttered. Usually the monsters Y/N meant weren't so kind but maybe, it would be different. "So you're Y/N! It's so nice to meet you. I'm Ms. Toriel, but you may call me Toriel if you like," she held out her hand in greeting. Y/N hesitantly placed her hand in her soft-furred hand and shook it, smiling.

She noticed Ms. Toriel's child standing next to her, staring blankly. They(♡) had a lime green shirt with a yellow stripe, and dark brown pants and shoes. They(♡) had maroon brown hair that reached almost half their face, covering their eyes. "Oh, I forgot to introduce Kris!" Ms. Toriel exclaimed, backing up and standing next to them. "Y/N meet Kris," she introduced a soft smile implanted on their wooled face.

Y/N waved at Kris and gave a small smile, yet it seemed to be unaffected as they just stared emotionless at her. 'They're a human like me..'  she noticed as they didn't have soft fur, or hardened skin, a tail, cat ears or anything. "I think you two will make great friends," Ms.Toriel said. Almost forgetting your objective you said, "Um, do you know where Ms.Alphy's class is? I'm kinda late," you slightly chuckled nervously at the passed time. "Why yes, Kris can show you the way. You both have the same class." She explained. "Well I have to get going now, I have a class myself that I must teach." She sighed. Toriel went over to Kris again and gave them(♡) another hug once more, "Have a great day Kris," she said to them.

It was quite pleasant to see, almost envying that you wish you had a parent to confide with.

As you saw Toriel leave, you and Kris stood in an awkward silence until they started walking in one of the hallways.