Chp 19 - Trouble Nonstop Pt.2

Second part is here and it is wayyy longer. I wasn't kidding when I said that both parts combined would be pretty long

Anyways, we're finally having the appearance of the King here! Not gonna lie, I like his design, it looks cool and intimidating at the same time! Anyways not much news to give so enjoy the chapter!

!Fanart above made by @cinnamonsly on Insta!

——————————————————————————

Kris's POV:

  Spinning figures threatened to harm if Kris took one step forward. "Go on my signal," Kris said collectively towards the group. All getting the idea, Kris patiently waited for the right time and opening to move on.

Finally spotting it, Kris quickly merged in as one with the unfriendly defenses. Careful not to be too quick nor too slow to lack behind. Passing it successfully, they walked through a lone dark hallway that led to an empty room. Before they could turn back, the team was trapped in once again by the sharp spikes. And a familiar ray of shining light cutting through the darkness. Everyone covered their eyes as a familiar figure had made their return.

"Ge ha ha. Thoust guys really think that was all I hadst?" Rouxls said confidently. "Not this weirdo again," Susie muttered. "WRONGE! It's time for you to feel my Reale Powere!" Rouxls laughed. "Behold! My ULTIMATE Puzzle!" Another beam of light shot through the middle of the room to reveal another, simple puzzle. "HAVE AT YOU!" He challenged. Kris walked up to the puzzle, and pushed the box to the button which lowered the spikes. Rouxls was in shock once again. "Ahhh..Ahh ha! Ha ha ha!" He gave a nervous laugh. Kris raised a brow slightly. "Gullible worms! That wasn'tst REALLY my ultimate puzzle! I have a wayst better one right..here!" He chuckled to himself. "Can..Can we see it?" Ralsei asked politely."No," Rouxls said instantly and ran off to who knows where. "Let's get going," Susie said impatiently.

Out of the room, Kris was greeted by the swirling creatures that spun around the room. Repeating the same actions, the Heroes arriving to the next flight of stairs.

Climbing up, Kris was quite surprised to see no defenses nor guards around the area. They were met with a room and a shop. Walking into the room, the floor was filled with holes and had a single bed. The doorframe was in the shape of a spade. "I think this might be Lancer's room," Y/N commented. "Why is it filled with holes?" Ralsei said with confusion. "Decoration if you ask me," Susie huffed. Kris went up to the bed and saw a bicycle is lovingly tucked into bed. "Well he isn't here," Y/N said. "Perhaps he's further up," Ralsei suggested.

As they were about to leave, Kris could feel something snake around their hand, palms connected. Looking down, they could see that it's owner was none other than Y/N. She didn't look at them, but they could see their smile. Kris secretly smiled to themself.

-

Y/N's POV:

Hand still connected, Y/N and the team walked into the shop only to see someone they didn't expect. Rouxls Kaard, sat with his legs atop the counter. Jars of worms and battle axes laid behind him. Kris asked him to talk about himself. "I amst the Duke of Puzzles, Rouxls Kaard. My hobbies includest calligraphy, lawkeeping, bugkeeping, cages, and long walks in the dungeon," Rouxls smirked. "Well that's..pleasant," Y/N said nervously. "Artest thou one of my admirers, worm?" Rouxls winked to her. "Um, no?" Y/N answered him. "Why sell to us if we're your enemies?" Ralsei asked with suspicion. "Hahaha! So I might amasseth funds, Worms! An army of funds, so that
I may crushest thou like Fermented Grapes, into a most delicious and adult beverage- Vengeance!! Ahahaha!! Oh how I amuse myself!!" Rouxls laughed to himself.