Chp 8 - A Fearful Lesson

Back at it again with a new update on this book. Been working my butt off again on this one. I literally had no ideas at first for this chp honestly. But then it started building up and I came up with this! So I hope y'all like it. No pov switches on this one today folks. Wanted to stick with one for now. But made this chp pretty long, and added a little fluffy scenes. Though they're not the best honestly :')

Also we're almost at 1k reads- how- I'm only 8 chps and we're already growing TuT thank you all once again.

So grab ur popcorn again and enjoy the action!

!Fanart above by cjay321comics on Insta!
——————————————————————————————————
"Umm, Susie, I suppose you missed what I said earlier.." Ralsei told Susie, as the Delta warriors entered to a new field and forest. "As heroes, we have the power to make a peaceful future." Ralsei continued to explained, but when Y/N glanced over at the two, she could see that Susie had a face of boredom, not caring a single word Ralsei was saying. "So, from now on, let's try to avoid Fighting, ok?" Susie gave a threatening keek, which seemed to make Ralsei nervous a bit. "Umm, what if we took it easy in them?" Y/N could tell that Ralsei was trying hard to cooperate with Susie. She felt pity for him, as the brute didn't seem to budge at his plead."If you weaken an enemy, I can use my Pacify spell. Which, can put exhausted people to sleep!" He informed her. "..yea, you talking is already doing that," she yawned. Y/N could see the slight hurt in Ralsei's expression.

"Well um, just think about it!" He finished. Y/N admired Ralsei's perseverance, and especially being wasted on Susie. When Ralsei arrived to a waiting Y/N and Kris, he talked quietly to the both. "We might have to Warn enemies about her guys," he told them. Y/N and Kris looked at each other, then back at Ralsei nodding simultaneously.

As the group continued onward, a shop had appeared. Entering the creepy patch shop, a purple fluffy cat, with a sewed yellow-buttoned eye, hunched on the counter, which was filled with goods. When the shopkeeper saw the adventurers enter, he welcomed, "Hee, hee...welcome, travelers." Y/N gaped her mouth slightly in astonishment at all the items around the shop. Swords, power ups, heals, everything a roaming traveller would need for their adventure. "D-Do you mind if we talk with you?" Y/N hesitantly asked. "Sure, don't have anything better to do." He said plainly. Kris at the front asked the cat plush creature about himself. "The names Seam, pronounced "Shawm." Seam added. "And this is my little Seap." He chuckled. "Over the years, I've collected odds and ends. 'Course, I've no attachment to any of it. It just a hobby of mine. Around here, you learn to find ways to pass the time." He told the group.

"..or go mad like everyone else." He concluded. with a different tone. Y/N secretly shuddered at that. Kris asked Seam about the history of the Lightners quietly. "Long ago, the Darkners lived in harmony with the Lightners. They were like Gods to us. Our protectors. Our creators. Those who gave us purpose.." Seam told the Lightners mysteriously. Y/N's eyes widened at his seriousness about the Lightners. Who knew that they used to be this important and special to the creatures here. "Then..one day we were all locked away in this prison, and the Lightners never returned.." The shopkeeper said. "Embittered, the King took up arms, and aims to take revenge upon the Lightners that left us behind. 'Course, even among his troops, some still distantly hope the Lightners will return.." Y/N felt a sort of relief feeling, that at least some of the Darkners here secretly still believed in them. Kris asked another question to the shopkeeper, though Y/N was lost in thought to focus on Seam's precise words.

Determination swelled inside Y/N, as she recalled Seam's words. There were still faith in the Darkners for their return. Y/N wanted to keep that hope up, for all the monsters in the dark world. She vowed to herself, to try her best, to do her duty as a Lightner, protect and create peace to the creatures in this world. Focusing back to the conversation toward Seam and the team, she seemed to sum up that Kris had informed the owner of the small cozy shop that they were the Lightners. "So, your the "heroes" who are going to steal our Fountain?" He chuckled bemusedly. "Well erm, stealing is the wrong word." Y/N corrected him quietly. Though it seemed that the purple cat took no notice. "Hah..good luck. It makes no difference to me whether you succeed or not. Neither Light nor Dark hold a future for a Darkner in my condition." For moment, Y/N wanted to help the old shopkeeper and understand what he meant.