Chp 6 - A Trek in The Field of Hopes and Dreams

!Fanart above not Mine!
——————————————————————————————————

Kris awoke, their heavy eyelids reopening. They were quite confused at why they weren't at their usual bed but when they saw their armor everything crashed back to them. Kris felt a small weight on their shoulder. They looked over to see Y/N sleeping on their shoulder. Ralsei was also asleep, his face buried in his scarf and hat. But Y/N caught Kris's eye. For some reason her calm, sleeping face made Kris's heart flutter, especially her sleeping on them(♡).

Kris wondered for a bit whether they(♡) should wake the two so they(♡) could get going. Coming to the conclusion, they decided to wake Ralsei and Y/N up.

Kris nudged Y/N, who was the closet, awake. But it only made her groan and refuse to wake up. "Hey,"  Kris called to her quietly. No response came from Y/N who still didn't wake. "Hey", Kris said a bit more loudly. This seemed to wake Y/N up, her eyes a little startled.

Kris saw that Y/N notice what she had slept on. "Sorry!" She exclaimed, her face growing slightly red. "It's fine." Kris simply responded. Though Kris still couldn't replace that weird lingering feeling in their chest, and luckily their bangs hid half their face of quiet embarrassment. Ralsei stirred behind the two, waking with a yawn. Looks like Kris didn't have to wake him after all. "Ah, looks like I'm the last to wake," he chuckled embarrassingly.

Kris stood up, dusting off the dirt they(♡) sat on when they slept. After they finished, they saw that Y/N and Ralsei have stood up as well. "Are we all ready to go?" Ralsei asked, he looked quite worried of leaving. He did quote the past day that once they left, their adventure would really begin. Kris nodded, while Y/N was hesitant and finally dipped her head that she was also ready. "Remember, once we pass through these gates, there's no turning back. A journey foretold exactly by the prophecy.., but Kris, Y/N, I believe your choices are important, too. This world is full of all kinds of people. In the end, how we treat them makes all difference. So let's try our best to get by without fighting." He concluded, with a pleading tone. "If we can manage to do that, I believe this tale may have a happy ending. Otherwise I fear that.." Ralsei paused, his gaze with horror in them. "..you may not..find the result favorable." Ralsei said in a dark tone. "Oh, I'm sorry! Is that too much to ask?" Ralsei said hesitantly. "We can handle it," Kris said. "Yes, we'll try not to fight our enemies on the way. I just hope Susie will agree to this." Y/N told Ralsei. "Don't worry! I'm sure Susie will come around in the end." Ralsei calmed. "Let's try our best alright?" Ralsei asked, his face gleaming.

The trio walked over to the front of the large golden gate. An ancient symbol was carved on it, intriguing Kris. They(♡) couldn't place it, but it felt like they've(♡) seen it somewhere. "Kris are you okay?" Y/N told them. Seemed like they(♡) spaced out and hadn't noticed they(♡) stood right in front of the opened doors. Kris nodded and took a step forward. Entering through the gates, a new view started to form. And the sound of the gates closing by Ralsei echoed.

Y/N POV:

Y/N could feel grass brush through her armored shoes, if that was even possible. Trees, with unusual red-colored leaves, lined the side. As they crossed through the purple grass, Y/N couldn't help but awe at the world they had enter. 'So this is the Dark World..'  Y/N wondered. 'It's so beautiful,' Y/N thought amazed, as she saw the red leaves fall gracefully from the trees. She thought the Dark World would be like a dead, dark world, but this was something different! Ahead of Kris, Y/N could spot a sign. When the three warriors stopped in front of it, the sign read, "Enemies ahead! You're gonna die!" -Signed Lancer. "Heh, at least Lancer is warning us what's up ahead," Y/N said amusingly. Ralsei seemed to also have a gleam of laughter in his eyes. But Kris had no reaction and continued ahead.