Chp 18 - The Card Castle Pt.1

Well back with another chapter, which is not long like the last one but not too short. Also yes you read that right, pt.1. Reason why is well there was originally gonna be a long chp, but I felt like that would be way too long so I split it into 2. I will edit the second half and upload it next week. We are nearing the end, and woo! The end is going to be well, intense and well, you'll see later on.

Also holy- the amount of reads that increase every day is so surprising- TvT thank you all to who read this book and enjoy it

Well onto the chp!

!Fanart above made by @wata_lemon03 on Insta!

-

Once Y/N stepped foot out of the elevator, her eyes widened at long hallways and flaming torches that hung throughout the castle. "So this is the Card Castle?" Y/N gaped towards Ralsei. He nodded with the same look of exhilaration and wonder. "Yes, and I believe we must reach the very top of this Castle to seal the Fountain," he responded. Y/N gulped, but the burning flame of determination inside her didn't extinguish one bit. Especially with Kris by their side, it fueled that fire more, and they themselves made her feel safe. Like two puzzle pieces that were meant to connect with each other.

Now that she thought of that, Y/N looked around, her searching gaze trying to spot the Lightner she loves. That moment still makes her heart beat abnormally. 'Where are they? And where was Susie?' Y/N pondered. It seemed Ralsei had the same questions too as he asked, "Where are those two? They're taking awfully a while." Y/N just shrugged wondering the same thing. "Oh! I bet the two are patching things up," Ralsei grinned. Now that Y/N thought about it, he might be right, or quite the opposite, Susie might be causing some more beef. Probably her option, but she did notice Susie changing so maybe Ralsei's reason is right. Distant, yet audible, Y/N could sense the sound someone coming up. And it was not from the elevator.

Panicking, Y/N looked around until spotting a place to not be spotted. Quickly snatching Ralsei who was quite bewildered by her sudden move, she placed her finger over her mouth, urging him to stay quiet for now. Ralsei who was still puzzled, followed, and stayed silent. Peeking, Y/N's senses were right. A guard slithered their way on their patrol, holding their spear defensively. Ralsei peeked too and understood why Y/N hid the two of them. As it tree farther and farther way, Y/N stepped out and let out a sigh of relief.

"So, watcha guys up to?"

A familiar voice spoke behind which made both Y/N and Ralsei jump, "Jesus-, don't sneak up on people like that Susie," Y/N exhaled. Susie just gave a shrug with her monotonous face. "Nothing much, but we should be careful. There guards here that are patrolling the castle," Ralsei answered Susie's question.

Y/N could see the familiar figure of Kris behind Susie. They noticed their stare as they stared back behind their bangs. Y/N gave a warm smile towards them, and Kris gave one back too.

"Any ideas on where to find this fountain thing and Lancer's dad?" Susie asked with crossed arms. "Well the elevator we got off won't go up any further, so perhaps there is another elevator around here somewhere or some flight of stairs that'll take us up," Y/N explained as she pointed up. "Great. This castle is huge," Susie muttered. "Oh don't give up hope yet, Susie," Ralsei reassured. "I'm not giving up!" She growled back. "It'll just be a hassle, that's all," Susie snorted defensively. "Let's go," Kris said simply, motioning the way forward. The team nodded in sync. Just a few moments later, when the team turned the corner, they came face to face with a guard. Both sides taken aback, were taken into battle. Rudinn Ranger came sparkling into view. Y/N gripped her dagger tightly, eyeing the Rudinn Ranger. Kris ordered Susie to compliment it. "Uhhh, are you serious?" Susie already frowning at the idea. Kris nodded firmly, their lips pursed a straight line. "What good can I say about someone trying to kill us?" Susie responded. "Aww, Susie, if you're stuck, why not try saying something you wish someone say to you?" Ralsei offered. "Yea, it could be like their looks, or a trait, well whatever would make you feel better," Y/N told her.