Chp 4 - A Prince of The Dark

Back with another chpppp!! And boi this took me a while to write. Had a lot of free time to finish this since I'm off from school for a whole week. So I'll be writing nonstop. Lot of things have been happening tho, but I'll pull through. Also we are only at chp 4 and this book is already 200 reads?! I have no idea how to thank y'all, so thanks! QwQ ❤️❤️

Also there will be no pov switch-a-roo here today so sry bout that :') but either way there's an awful lot to read here so grab your popcorn! A new party member has joined the group. Enjoy!

!!Fanart above is not mine. Art belongs to Sunkiisu!!
————————————————————————————————-
In front of Y/N, a castle looms beneath the empty town. A black geyser emerges from it, piercing endlessly in the black sky. The power of this place shined within her. Kris led the way forward, as Y/N and Susie trailed behind. "Wonder if there's anyone in that castle up there?" Susie asked the two. Y/N didn't know the answer to that, and she didn't know if she wanted to know if anyone was in there, so she merely looked back to Susie and shrugged. As they climbed the steps with Kris in the lead, Y/N couldn't help but feel an eerie feeling coming of from this castle. She shuddered as she eyed the entrance of the castle as it was opened.

Nearing the entrance, a voice echoed ahead. "Welcome Heroes..!"  The three froze once they heard the voice.  "Who's there?" Susie growled, as her teeth bared in a frown. Y/N tensed up, while Kris stood there unmoved. A dark figure stood ahead, a grey robe worn over them. "Do not be alarmed, I am not your enemy."  The mysterious person said softly, no hint of menace in their tone.

"Please come forward, all of you."  The figure asked, waiting for a response. Y/N shuffled until they all stepped forward. The person was small, the hood over them hiding their face. "Welcome, I am the Prince of this Kingdom."   'A prince?? Out here?'  Y/N thought to herself, yet she felt baffled that she would meet royalty in this unusual place. "The Kingdom of Darkness."  The robed figure continued. "Kris, Susie, Y/N, there is a legend in this land."   'How do they know our names?'  Y/N nervously thought, distrust filling up for this individual. "A legend that one day, 3 Heroes of Light will arrive. And fulfill the ancient prophecy, foretold by time and space. Please Heroes, listen to my tale."  The creature said pleadingly. "I think we should hear them out," Y/N suggested. Susie snorted, "Well I think this all some crazy bullshit. Why should we listen to some dumb prophecy from this stranger..?" The figure ahead her seemed to have heard and stiffened at that comment. Y/N felt bad for them, as she held a grudge for Susie. "We'll listen.."  Kris responded quietly. The figure seemed to have heard them and gleam at the choice. "Very well then,"  they said excitedly. Susie gave out an annoyed sigh, while Y/N listened intently.

Once upon a time, a Legend was whispered among shadows.

It was Legend of Hope.
It was a Legend of Dreams.
It was a Legend of Light.
It was a Legend of Dark.

This is the legend of..
Deltarune.
For millennia, Light and Dark have lived in balance.
Bringing peace to the World.

But if this harmony were to shatter..
a terrible calamity would occur.

The sky will run black with terror.
And the land will crack with fear.
Then her heart pounding..
The Earth will draw her final breath.