Darkness Rising Pt. 3

The next morning, Thomas woke up to the smell of breakfast.  He got dressed and came down the steps, to see his parents at the breakfast table.  His mom, Rose was at the table reading a magazine while Dwayne was working on french toast and ham.

Rose:(looks up) Morning Thomas, sleep well?

Thomas: Just fine mom, you?

Rose: Always, I saw your new truck outside, what's it like?

Thomas: Oh uh...its pretty cool, 6.2 liter supercharged V8, 625 horsepower, 648 lbs of torque, 4-wheel drive and a dual exhaust system that'll shake you more than an earthquake.

Rose: Ooooh, nice, how'd you know all that?

Thomas: I work at a garage, remember mom?

Rose: I know I know, so what do you plan on doing today hon?

Thomas: Mmm, test out the truck more, hang out with some friends.

Dwayne: Friends from school?

Thomas: Yeah Jack, Miko and Raf.

Rose: Jack?  Jack Darby?

Thomas: Yeah.  How'd you know?

Rose: I work at the hospital with his mom.  Jack seems like a nice guy, don't you think?

Thomas: That, and rational, I wish Miko were the same though.

Dwayne: Who's Miko?

Thomas: Miko Nakadi, she's a Foreign Exchange student from Japan, (chuckles) she was told Jasper is the capital of entertainment.  She is also a bit reckless though, sometimes too much for comfort.

Dwayne: I've seen that before, a lot of accidents I respond to are teens showing off, the sight of a wrecked car sure kills the bravado in them, right honey?

Rose: Oh yes, not to mention me having to treat injuries after dangerous pranks.

Thomas: Ouch, what kind of pranks?

Rose: You don't wanna know..

Dwayne: Just make sure you don't do anything like that, OK son?

Thomas:(suddenly remembers seeing the Autobots) I-I won't.

Dwayne: Atta boy,(finishes the serving line) alright you two, come and get it.

After a hearty breakfast of french toast, ham, and orange juice, Thomas showered, got his things and went out the door.  In case his parents were watching, he got into Dodger's driver side.

Dodger: You try'n to drive, kid?

Thomas: Just keeping up appearances, partner.(buckles seat belt) So where too, off to base?

Dodger: Not quite, I understand that on Saturdays, humans do fun stuff, how about I show you what your 'new truck' can do.

Thomas: You mean off-road!?  That would be awesome!

Dodger:(starts engine) Lets ride!

Dodger backed out of the driveway and drove through Jasper, once out of town, he opened the throttle.

Thomas: Hey Dodge, what did you do on Cybertron, before the war?

Dodger: I was an Autobot Ranger, our job was to track down fugitives and bring them to justice, I've tracked down bandits, pirates and mercenaries.  

Thomas: Sounds like a US Marshal here on Earth, they track down fugitives from justice too.

Dodger: Nice.  I've had quite an interesting career.  But when the war came, we became the Autobots' main force for tracking down High-value Decepticons.  But when Cybertron went dark, the Rangers scattered to the stars, just like the rest of the Autobots, I ended up joining Optimus during the battle of Tyger Pax, I've been with him since then, Bulkhead and Bumblebee joined us before the Exodus, after which we ended up on Earth.  Arcee and Cliffjumper joined us after we established our base on Earth, the rest you know.