4 ➤ 𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬

[4] | 𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 🎭

[4] | 𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 🎭

UNCOMFORTABLE.

during class, you felt someone burning holes at the back of your head. you turned around and saw the burgundy male, he was looking at you suspiciously, on guard as if he knew you were up to something.

'he's suspicious of me... how enticing..' you thought, showing a tiny smirk. the others didn't seem to notice, but tanjiro did. he narrowed his eyes at you, smile no longer visible- but before he could confront you about it, the bell rang.

"alright students, class is over. you can go to your next class. oh, and kamado, you have the same classes with (l/n) so please guide her there." fuchimoto demanded, nodding towards tanjiro.

tanjiro's eyes widened slightly before smiling, "of course, sensei." the said teacher nodded at him once again, waving goodbye. "thank you. go on now, you might be late again, (l/n)." she smiled kindly at you, so you returned the smile with sincerity.

as both of you went out of the classroom, your face darkened and your smile faltered a bit. "she's... nice." you said truthfully, twirling a strand of your hair. tanjiro looked back at you, seemingly biting his tongue back because of your claim.

"she is.. isn't she, (l/n)-san?" he exhaled, "were you going to say something to me, kamado-san? you seemed agitated... atleast, until i said that." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his nape, "sorry about that, i just... assumed.." he trailed, looking up at you.

"see, i can smell emotions, if that makes sense. and when you were talking to me, you seemed.. insincere, so i got a bit defensive.. i'm not really fond of fake people." he smiled that genuine smile you first saw, so you returned it.

"i guess it was just me being paranoid.. i'm sorry i assumed such a thing about you, (l/n)-san.." he bowed in apology, so you both stopped walking. "ah, it's alright, kamado-san.. and please do call me (y/n). i'm not so used to being called with honorifics." you stared down at him as he looked up, a fake smile plastered on your face.

"ah.." he gusted, widening his eyes. he sniffed the air unnoticeably, "there it is again.." he whispered to himself, raising his head. "it's.. really nice to meet you (y/n). i mean it this time." he smiled once more, but it was still genuine like the last. "you remind me so much of kocho-san." he laughed, assuming that you acted the same because of a loss.

"do i? is that a good thing?" you tilted your head to the side, faking innocence- but he didn't seem to mind. he nodded, continuing to walk, not uttering a single word. 'but i assure you that i'm way worse than her.' you thought as you followed him closely, eyes drifting to the back of his head.

your eyes became hollow of any sort of attention, remembering a few of your past victims. 'i remind you of kocho-san... huh.' you smirked slightly, wanting to laugh. 'did she drive people insane like i did?' your smirk fell, your guileful nature almost showing completely.

'did she let the people who loved her kill... like i did?' you were completely out of it, not realising that you just walked past your classroom. tanjiro quickly caught your hand, snapping you out of your state. "(y/n)-san.. we're here." tanjiro sheepishly called out, leading you inside the classroom. "oh.. okay," you blinked, following him inside.

the classroom only had a few students inside, which made you prioritize in finding a seat next to tanjiro. "oh.. hey, kamado-san. can i sit next to you?" you asked boredly as he nodded, "s-sure. it's the first day, so i think it's still allowed." he smiled brightly, pulling you to the empty back seats.

you let him drag you, stopping right in front of the seats. "we can sit here. you can take the one near the window if you want." he added, your eyes drifting to your joined hands. he noticed your gaze, so he quickly let go of your hand, taking his seat hurriedly.

you stared at him for a moment before looking away, taking your own seat, smirking at his semi-flustered state.

©-maifuku
all rights reserved.

written by | YUSHIRO-YAMAMOTO
proofread & edited by | jietters
published by | Ruu-yushiou