5 ➤ 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

[5] | 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 🌂

DISTRACTED.

you watched as tanjiro's semi-flustered state slowly went away, now resting your arms on the table. the familiar feeling of dread sat at the pit of your stomach, and realizing this, you were beginning to feel tired. you wanted the day to end. the turn of events were certainly interesting, you'd think, but the continuous classes kept interrupting the entertaining experience. your shoulders slumped a tad and you closed your eyes, letting go of your tight grip on the pencil.

"miss (l/n)!" you raised your head to look at the teacher, inwardly glaring, "yes?" you answered knowingly. the said teacher disregarded your answer, before turning to the board and asking you to solve the problem written. you gave an answer, which they nodded to, "correct. (l/n), i'm sure you know that sleeping in class is prohibited. though, i'll let you off the hook since you seem to have been listening. just don't do it again or i'll have to send you to detention." the teacher shot you a wary look, "yes, i'm sorry." you dipped your head a bit as a sign of respect, silently pleading them to continue with the lesson.

you tuned out the rest of the lesson, blankly staring at your notes. seconds turned to minutes without you realizing how long you stayed unmoving. tanjiro glanced at you, slightly aggravated from how long you hadn't talked to him, so after having a debate inside his mind, he finally tapped on your shoulder, "(y/n), are you alright?" he asked, creasing his eyebrows in worry. you snapped out of your trance, the light in your eyes finally coming back, "yes, i am." you lied, flashing him a sweet smile. before he could ask further, the bell rang, saving you the time and words you needed for later.

as the bell kept ringing, the teacher finally nodded his head to approve of dismissal. you quickly packed your things as you ignored tanjiro's burning gaze from the side of your face. you slid your bag onto your shoulder delicately, making your way to the door without saying goodbye to the redhead. he called out to you, so you turned around, when a shoulder accidentally bumped into yours. you notice tanjiro's eyes widen, before he quickly calmed down, making his way beside you. you faced the culprit, noting how he looked somewhat similar to the person beside you, "ah, apologies." his familiar deep voice stated, before he narrowed his eyes at you.

he observed your face, the neutrality on his unwavering, "....(n/n)?" he gusted, slightly widening his eyes in shock. you did the same, sweat dribbling down your face as you clutched your bag's strap. "oh... tsugikuni-san...!" you nervously stuttered out, rubbing your nape to lure them into thinking that you were flustered in his presence. "it's.... been quite... a while since... i last saw you." his neutral expression turned bright, a smile forming on his lips, which made tanjiro feel a bit antsy. "yeah? you've grown a lot since we last met. i was taller than you before, now just look at you," you cooed, placing a hand on your cheek as you appeared to be blushing; but in reality, you were slightly aggravated and angered.

'of all places, i had to meet him here.'

yoriichi blushed, "may... i...?" he asked, spreading his arms wide to indicate that he wanted a hug. you nodded, smiling up at him, before you were trapped in a tight hug. you hugged back, making him clutch your shirt even tighter. "ah... uhm... (y/n)-san!" tanjiro called out, so you turned your head to look at him. his grim expression quickly faltered as he smiled at your given attention, "would you like to have lunch together?" a crimson shade settled upon his cheeks as he looked away, making you smirk inwardly. 'so early? oh, tanjiro, i expected more from you... how much more pathetic can you get, if you're already this bothered with someone else touching me on the first day?" you hummed at the thought, making yoriichi think you were considering the shorter male's offer.

"no... she's sitting with me... for today." yoriichi replied, his neutral face back, making it obvious that tanjiro wasn't allowed to eat with you. "please don't go putting words into (y/n)'s mouth, she has the right to choose, too." he smiled at the latter, looking at you with pleading eyes. you hummed, smiling a fake smile, before opening your mouth to speak. they perked up, basically on edge, dying to know who you'll pick, only for you to close your mouth and hum again. their pleading faces came back, which made you laugh inwardly.

"i'll go with yoriichi for today. let's eat together some other time, tanjiro! yoriichi and i have a lot of catching up to do, after all." you smiled enthusiastically as you bowed in apology. tanjiro's disappointment was clearly shown, as if he was meaning to guilt you into changing your choice, but yoriichi quickly dragged you away. "i'll see you later!" you waved at him, only earning a sigh and a nod as you went out of the classroom. as you walked away, you couldn't help but smirk at how easily you captured the latter's heart. you then glanced at yoriichi, who's face was darkening, emmiting a terrifying aura, making the people in the hall make way for the both of you.

you smiled, getting entertained once again by the terrified looks of the people around you.

©-maifuku
all rights reserved.

written by | jietters™
proofread & edited by | jietters
published by | Ruu-yushiou