9 ➤ 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐲

[9] 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐲 🥯

[9] 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐲 🥯

DESSERTS.

you were wondering what you should get, as you were going down to a bakery shop. "i'll be meeting someone that will manage to catch my interest. i'm sure of it." you grinned at the thought. you agreed to meet yoriichi there as well and michikatsu, but it looked like both of them were coming a bit late, irking you.

entering the bakery, a familiar voice was heard. "ah, (y/n)! I wasn't expecting to see you here!" tanjiro waved, making his way towards you. you gave the male a close-eyed smile. a shiver went down the male's spine; something about you today seemed... off, but he tried his best to pay no mind to it; thinking that something must have happened before you came here. "this is my family's bakery, if you didn't know. you could come over anytime, it would really make me happy if you do!" he smiled.

tanjiro coughed as he then focused, "so, what can I get for you?" he took out a cute sticky note and a pencil. "that's so cute~" you cooed, mentally cringing at your self for acting this way. he narrowed his eyes, sensing an ill intent coming from you; not  knowing if you could be trusted at the moment. "i'll get three orders of strawberry milk and three orders of banana bread, please." you answered bluntly, now irked at the fact that he became suspicious of you. all you did was compliment the object he was holding, right?

"alright....is that it?" "yes, thank you!" you cheered, bringing back your bubbly facade. "(y/n)...! sorry i'm... late... michikatsu wouldn't listen to me..." yoriichi voiced out. "oh, michi— look how tall you've become~! it's so good to see you again...!" you approached him and clung to his arm, now being met with a flushed male that was once michikatsu. you mentally smirked at his reaction, keeping your cheery smile on your face, as you did your best to act innocent.

"you both are late, but it doesn't matter~ don't worry so much, yoriichi-san!" you waved them off, an eerie grin appearing on your face at the sight of the other two males adorning hurt expressions at your actions, now trying to hide it. tanjiro gave you a confused, then suspicious look; but was still unable to deny the feeling of jealousy in his heart. all of that were felt by the male, but yoriichi was still expecting a hug from you, one of which you gave michikatsu, only to receive nothing as you turned your attention back to tanjiro.

"thank you tanjiro! how much do I have to pay?" you inquired, "ah, it's on the house, don't worry!" tanjiro smiled softly, eyeing  you as if you were the most precious jewel he's seen yet. "how funny... i thought you'd be better than the others and not fall for it. tsk tsk, you've got to be more careful, tanjiro..." you mentally took note of his actions, before smiling back at the male.

after a short while, tanjiro came back with the snacks, handing it to you, "i'll see you around, (name)-san!" he waved, giving you the kindest smile you've ever received, "see you~" you shoved the food towards yoriichi, who silently accepted as he nodded, now carrying the items for you with little to no protests. as you left, tanjiro watched you walk away, adorning a small pout, "she left too soon..." he thought, only to shake his head in disapproval, "no, tanjiro! understand that she has to go somewhere else, too!" he scolded.

yoriichi and michikatsu seemed to turn and look at the kind male, who continued serving customers, with the deadliest glint in their eyes. "perhaps i didn't meet anyone, but this certainly is fun!" you laughed to yourself, as you ate the snacks you bought with the most wicked smile of all.

and without your knowledge, a pair of rainbow eyes watched you from afar, a certain love-sick look on his face as he started caressing his hand; envious of the sight that was presented in front of him.

©-maifuku
all rights reserved.

written by | Ruu-yushiou
proofread & edited by |  jietters
published by | jietters™