Chapter 4

"We got a game against Nekoma?" My mouth gaped open.

"Yes we did," Takeda told the team.

We had met Nishanoya today and his mouth hung open too. I was only and inch taller than him. Apparently he was the old libero, but because the ace has decided not to come back he doesn't want to keep playing.

"Noya, what do you think about playing against them?" Daichi asked him.

He rubbed the back of his neck," I don't think so, because he's being a coward."

He walked out of the gym. I watched him go out. I looked back at Daichi wanting to help. He nodded his head and I ran after the kid. I found him sitting on a bench near the soccer fields. I sat down next to him.

"Did Daichi send you to try and get me to come back," Noya asked.

"Wow rude," I sighed.

"Wait, no. I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset such a beautiful goddess that has decided to bless me with her presence."

"Senpai, I was just going to ask you to come back," I gave him my best puppy eyes.

His eyes seemed to glow at the words," Maybe, but the one person I want to come back isn't coming back."

"Senpai, what if I can get him to come back?" I asked him.

He seemed to be levitating from the words. Daichi was right, him and Tanaka both get  a very big kick out of it.

"Maybe, but you might not be able to convince him."

(I'm going to change the storyline a little bit here)

"Well it doesn't hurt to try."

~Time skip~

Suga agreed to introduce me to Asahi, who I've come to find out, is the teams ace. We definitely need him back. Hinata is really good, but we need the muscle of an ace to get through all of the strong blocks that are sure to come.

Suga led me down the hallway to a third year classroom. He opened the door and led me to where a slightly intimidating guy was sitting. He looked up and had the most afraid look on his face.

I gave him a small smile and held out my hand," Hi I'm Y/n!"

He shook my hand gently," Asahi."

"So I heard your not coming back to volleyball because of one bad game," I pulled a chair in front of his desk. Suga had left us to talk already.

"I guess," He rubbed the back of his neck," I'm afraid to let the team down again. It was my fault we lost that game. I couldn't get any spikes through."

"Hey none of the team blames you for that," I interrupted the guys rambling. He was so cute," I may have just become the manager with Kiyoko, but I can already tell the rest of the third years really miss you. And that energetic second year."

Asahi's face turned red when I said that," R-really?"

"Yeah, Nishanoya I believe was his name. He said that he wasn't coming back unless you came back," I explained," The team needs both of you so bad."

"But I'm scared to let them down."

"Everyone is scared from time to time. You can't let that stop you Asahi," I gently touched his hands," There is a game against Nekoma coming up. If you come to practice today I already know everyone will welcome you back."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely," I reassured him," And the first years on this team are definitely something. One of them even wants to be the ace. I'm sure that if we have you back you can teach him a lot."

"I'll think about it."

"Good. I hope to see you there."

~Time skip~

My leg is shaking nervously. Practice has already started and Asahi still hasn't shown up. I told Noya to come cause I was sure he was going to show up. I can tell everyone is losing hope that he was going to come.

"Um Hello," I heard Yams say and I glanced over.

I was slightly disappointed when it wasn't Asahi. It was a bunch of college kids. I got up and walked over to them. Oh, I know who they are. This is Keishan's little neighborhood team.

"Hey Y/n," One of them greeted me.

I don't remember their names," Hi what are you guys doing here?"

"Your brother gave us a call," They explained," Said you guys were about to go against Nekoma in the good old trach can showdown. So he said to give them a good practice game tonight."

"Oh," I'm surprised he knew about that," Is he going to come."

"I'm already here," Keishan walked in.

I turned and smirked at him," So did Takeda convince you to become our coach?"

"What!" Tanaka yelled," The cashier guy from that store in town. Really?!"

"Hey! Don't talk to me like that," He yelled at the team.

"But why doesn't the store name match the Ukai name?" Hinata asked.

"It's our mom's name," I explained to Hinata," Now Keishan why are you here?"

"I'm not becoming your coach just yet. I'm just here to see how you guys play."

~Time skip again~

Everything went well tonight. Keishan agreed to be the boys coach, Asahi and Noya are coming back, and everyone is extremely excited for the Nekoma game. We still have some training to do but we should be in good shape for the game. Now that we have our ace and libero back.

----------------

Hello my children! Thank you for reading. I know this was a short chapter but the next one should be longer. I love you guys!

❤Author-Chan out❤

word count: 955