Chapter 15

I woke up to my phone buzzing next to my head. I groaned and answered the phone without even looking at the name," Hello?" I say in a groggy voice.

"Hey shorty," Kei's voice sounded through my phone.

I yawned," Why are you calling me so early?"

There was silence before Kei said," Y/n it's 11 o'clock."

I sighed like this was obvious as I got out of bed," And? It's still early."

I could hear the eye roll from the other end of the phone," Whatever. I was going to see if you wanted to hang out today."

I looked in the mirror in my room. My hair was in a mess and I look like I haven't slept in years," Sure but give me like an hour."

"Ok and dress a little nice," He tells me," I'm goin to take you out."

I smile to myself," Okay."

I hang up the phone and look through my closet for something nice. The majority of what is in my closet is sweats and big t's I stole from Keishan. I found one of my cute button ups and a pair of black high-waist jeans. I threw those on tucking in the shirt and then throwing on some black converse. I combed through my hair letting it lay down today and put on a light layer of makeup. I tried my best to hide the bags under my eyes.

I run down to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. Keishan was in their drinking his coffee and smoking his cigarette.

"God, smoke that thing outside," disgust was written in my voice," It stinks."

He rolled his eyes," Who cares? Where are you going?" He asked me once seeing how nice I'm dressed.

I smile," Out with Kiyoko," I lied to him.

He nods skeptically and lets me go. I walk down the streets to Kei's house. It was a pretty quick walk before I arrived at his house. I knocked on his door and his mom opened it up.

"Oh Y/n," She gave me a bright smile letting me in," What a nice surprise. I hear you and my son are dating."

I nod with a blush," Yes we are. I hope he told you he invited me over."

She sighed looking down the hall," No he didn't. But that is totally fine with me. I have to leave for work soon anyway."

I nodded relieved she is okay with me coming over," Where do you work?" I've always been curious. She's usually dressed in a nice suit.

She rolls her eyes," I work at an insurance company. Can get real tiring."

I laugh a little," I bet it would."

She nods," Kei said you worked at your brothers store, is that true?"

I nod," It's our family store so I help out from time to time."

She slightly frowned," But you're so young. Shouldn't you be getting out more?"

I shrug," I never mind working there. I get to meet a lot of different people and I get payed so I've learned a lot about financial stuff."

She laughs at that," Maybe you should get Kei to work their. He could learn some stuff from you."

I smile," He's very smart. I think I would learn more from him."

She nods and looks at her watch," Oh I'll be late if I don't leave soon," She heads towards the door," It was nice seeing you again Y/n."

"You too," I tell her as she leaves.

I head over to Kei's room. His door was closed like always. I opened it without knocking. He was laying on his bed playing something on his phone. He looks over at me and I see a small smile appear on his face.