28

Annabeth quickly covered the head with the veil that the monster had been wearing after Percy had cut its head off. She slowly picked it up, disgusted by the green juice-like substance that was dripping from the cloth. 

"That- that is truly disgusting. Why didn't the head evaporate with the rest of the body?" Percy questioned. 

"Once you sever it, it  becomes a spoil of war," she answered, "like you minotaur horn.

"Just don't unwrap the head," Maggie cut in, voice shaky. "It can still petrify you."

After making sure Grover was okay after his unfortunate encounter with the bear statue, the group made their way inside to search for something else to warp the head in, Annabeth's request. She was tired of watching the gross green liquid drip down, and the look on Maggie's face told her that it might make her less uneasy.

After Percy finished tying off the multitude of plastic bags they had placed over the head, he turned to Annabeth. "So... We have Athena to thank for this monster?"

Annabeth couldn't help her irritation at that comment. "Your dad, actually.  Don't you remember? Medusa was Poseidon's girlfriend. They decided to meet in my mother's temple and do the do. That's why Athena turned her into a monster. Medusa and her two sisters who helped her get into the temple, and they became the three gorgons. That's why medusa wanted to slice me up into tiny little pieces but wanted to preserve you as a nice little statue. She's still sweet on your dad, and you probably reminded her of him."

Annabeth didn't miss the small "Gross!" that escaped Maggie's lips as Percy spoke up. "Oh! So, now it's my fault we met medusa?"

The blonde straightened and did her best to imitate the annoying barnacle brained boy in front of her. "It's just a photo, Maggie. What's the harm."

"Forget it," he huffed. "You're impossible."

"You're insufferable!"

"You're-"

"Shut up!" Grover interrupted. "You two are giving me a migraine, and satyrs don't even get migraines!"

"What are we going to do with the head?" Magnolia finally spoke after a moment of awkward silence.

Annabeth couldn't come up with a great idea. sure  they could take it with them and use it as a weapon, but that would entail actually having to unwrap it and the dangers of pointing it the wrong way. Before she could come up with a solid plan, Percy got up.

"I'll be right back."

"Percy," she called after him. "What are you-" He walked away before she could finish her sentence.

Apparently his bright idea was to mail it to the gods. If the four of them didn't end up dying on this quest, they would definitely be smited before they could even step a foot into the Big House.

The only reason this is even being published is because i feel awful for never having the time to update.

... it might also have to do with my issues with procrastination and not wanting to study. but it's mainly because of the first reason, I swear.

i hope you all enjoy this piece of crap.

- Ellie