Percy was mildly disappointed by the water park.

First off, there was no water. Second, he could really see why WATERLAND had gone out of business based on the states of their rides. The attractions happened to be accompanied by ridiculous names like Ankle-Biter Island, Head Over Wedgie, and Dude, Where's My Swimsuit. Unappealing. The only upside Percy could see was that they were in no immediate danger from monsters. Everything was silent.

And that honestly should have been the first sign that something was about to go wrong, but apparently, the last week had taught him nothing.

The group of four slowly made their way to the souvenir shop which had somehow been left open, decked out with various WATERLAND themed goods. In Percy's, opinion, it was a Hawaiian print nightmare with various snow-globes, pencils, postcards, and other trinkets spanning the area.

"Clothes," Annabeth sighed. "Fresh Clothes."

"Yeah," Percy nodded, "But you can't just—"

"Watch me, Seaweed Brain."

The blonde walked up to the rocks of atrociously patterned clothing, swiping a few items, before disappearing in to the miraculously unlocked changing rooms. But at this pint what wasn't miraculous about the entire ordeal. A few minutes later, she cam out in WATERLAND flower print shorts and a bright red park t-shirt paired with a pair of the ugliest surf shoes Percy had ever seen, and he had seen many. Grabbing a backpack of another shelf, Annabeth began to stuff it with more goodies.

"What the heck," grover shrugged, "What harm will it do, it's not like any one is going to buy this stuff."

Soon enough all four questers were decked out in park merchandise. Grover had donned a similar pair of flower shorts, while Percy and magnolia managed to find the last few pair of brown crgo short that paired nicely with their neon red shirts. Although the two refused to wear the ugly surf shoes Grover had pushed their way.

After becoming one with the biggest fashion statement on history, the group continued to make their way toward the Tunnel of Love. Aphrodite needed a better taste in men. Or at least date-night standards.

Finally, the made it to a massive empty pool that would have made an awesome skate park attraction. Around the rim of the bowl, there were dozens of bronze statues resembling the cartoon version of cupid, wings spread and bows loaded with heart-tipped arrows. On the opposite side, Percy made not of the opening to what he assumed was the actual ide, based on the sign the read "Thrill ride o' love: this is not your parents tunnel of love." if he ever had a girlfriend and took him on a date like this, he was 90% sure they would absolutely murder him— that is if his mother didn't murder him first.

"Guys, look." Grover called out, bringing the green-eyed boy out of his murder thoughts.

At the very bottom of the wannabe pool was a pink and white boat drawing in heart-shaped decorations. In the left seat, sat Ares' shield, a polished circle of bronze that Percy thought looked nice right where it resided.

"This is too easy," Percy murmured to himself. See now, he gets it, arguably way too late. "Should i just walked down there and grab it?"

He watched Annabeth walk over to inspect one of the baby cupid statues for a second before turning his attention back to Grover. "Smell any monsters?"

He sniffed. "Nothing ."

"Nothing as in, enchinda-throwing-me-off-the-arch nothing, or nothing-nothing?"

"I told you!" Grover whined, mouth settling into a sad pout. "That was underground." 

"OK, sorry." He took a deep breath. "I'm going down there,"

"I'll go with you," Maggie spoke up, inching her way to the edge.

"No, stay up here, if anything goes wrong i might be able to save out butts last minute with the water in the pipes, but—"

"Right, dry land sounds good. Annabeth? Make sure Percy doesn't get killed?"

"Go with him on the the 'thrill Ride of Love' How embarrassing would that be? What is somebody saw?"

Three glares were thrown her way.

"Right, well, let's get it, I guess.... Forget I said anything, come on seaweed brain."

Percy saw a flash of bronze as Maggie took out her sword before sliding down the side of the pool on his butt. He helped the blonde up, before the two were slowly making their way to the boat, the copious amount of mirrors surrounding the pool giving him the ick.

Grover snorted when he saw Annabeth snatched the scarf out of Percy's hands, turning his gaze to Magnolia for a second, who was busy trying to resurrect a bush. Then everything went to shit.

"Watch out!" he called out to the two demigods in the pool, as the cupid babies began to shot across each other, creating a lattice covering of golden cables, and baby metal spider poured out.

When he tried pulling the golden cables apart with his hands, they simply warped around them, so with Maggie's help, the two tried to cut through the various cables instead. But nothing was working, every time they cut a cable down, a new one would take its place, thicker than before.

"Maggie, Grover!" Percy screamed from his precious position in the boat. "Get into the booth and flip the on switch!" the two all but sprinted as the smashed into the tiny little booth. Grover barely had time to discern which one was the in switch when Magnolia decided the best option was to flip everything on. Still, nothing happened. He pushed the girl aside as he redid everything once more only for nothing to come out yet again. He was about to start crying when grover heard the massive splash of water.

"Oh my god, they're gonna jump!" Maggie yelled as she sped past Grover's shocked form.

He sprang back into action, with barely a second to spare as he yelled "Maia," and did his best to catch the two kids in mid air.

He managed to garb both demigod's arms with a cry of victory before all three kids were making friend with the cold hard ground.

Sometime i'm very disappointed in myself. Apparently, updating this story quickly was an impossible task and i'm sincerely sorry about that. I'm not sure when the next part will be out because I stupidly chose violence for this school year and i'm barely surviving.

Hopefully, the next part won't take as long as this one because....  yeah :]

That being said, thank you guys for being so patient and kind with me! Your comments literally brighten my day, and i never thought anyone would actually enjoy my writing enough to vote on it, so thank you!

Happy Holidays! Love you guys! 

- Ellie <3 

p.s. i put no effort into actually editing this, so if there are any mistakes, please feel free to call me out :)