CHAPTER ONE

Undergoing editing.

Anita, aka the baddest influencer wore her signature smile as she catwalked into a newly opened huge supermarket located in Lekki lagos. There was nothing to worry about because everything was set in motion. Her free photographer followed behind her, his own mimicked professional grin in place. But on a closer look, one would detect the worry lines etched on his forehead.

"Are you sure about this, Anita?"

"Never been so sure in my entire life. Don't worry sweetie. I have everything under control." She replied with all confidence. She'd been in this 'business' say a year, one month and three days. It all turned out well. With that thought, her expression brightened even more.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. Welcome to Efik Supermarket. What category would you like to shop from?" A female attendant, asked with a twinkle of excitement in her eyes. Oh! Heaven smiled at her to finally meet her instagram female crush. She had to blink her eyes twice to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Hi, do lead the way to female attires."

"Alright..." As the attendant made to turn, what Anita said drifted into her mind as she had earlier been lost in thought. "Sorry... An... I mean ma'am." She is so beautiful! She mused.

"Sorry what?" Demanded Anita.

"Uhmmm... This place is stocked with groceries and not... Emmm boutique." Embarrassed to have disappointed her Instagram idol, her shoulder fell. She felt like attacking the owner of the place for not including what Anita wanted. Now how would she be able to make an acquaintance with her. Her shoulder slumped even further.

"My bad for not being attentive when it was announced in the radio station."

"Ah! Noooo... Sorry ma'am."

Anita had on her face a crestfallen look. "Thank you. Next time then." She veered around and started off towards the entrance door, then stopped of a sudden. "Can I use the restroom?"

"Sure, sure ma'am." The attendant's face brightened again. At least another few more minutes with her idol. She almost jumped in happiness. "This way, please."

"Thank you." Anita winked at her photographer.

The shopping mall was quite large. It took approximately eight minutes, twenty-three seconds before they got to the 'powder room'.

"There's the female segment and the opposite is for male."

"I do take my time while in the pee-room. You can resume to your duty post."

"Pee... Uhmmm ok ma'am. Do take your pretty time." The female attendant muttered absentmindedly. Turned and left as obedient as a sheep to its shepherd. I can't wait to take a picture with her and show my friends. Told them that one day I will meet her and they never believed me, the young lady mused as she walked away.

"Now do your job!" Anita directed at the 'photographer'.

"You shouldn't yell at me," he warned.

Anita, rolled her eyes.

Fifty-seven minutes later, Anita changed her last outfit for the shoot; which was mini skirt, crop top with black knee-length boot. Her backside to the camera, with a now grumbling man behind the camera, he snapped her at the entrance of an elevator.

"I'm exhausted already!" He murmured.

"Yeah, right. Practise makes perfect. Don't you know I'm indirectly teaching you on how to be good in that craft. Very soon you will start getting jobs from em... Davido and other celebrities."

'Msheeewwww' he hissed.

"Ah ah! What's that for?"

"For uttering that crap."

"What crap, Micheal?"

"

Don't you think it's high time you change that line? You think you can deceive me."
He hissed again.

"Your faith is tiny o."

"Abegi I'm starving."

"This small pictures you took you're already starving. Well, let's go so I can feed you once again." She took her bag from the floor.

"Feed who? Because you do buy me common gala and pepsi? Shame on you."

"The shame should be on you for telling a woman to buy food for you." Anita, retorted.

"Is that it? From henceforth go look for who..."

"You too dey vex jare. (You get angrily easily)"

"I'm not joking." Michael frowned.

"I'm sorry, I won't say that again."

Micheal eyed her. "You better not." He stormed off angrily. Anita raced after him totally forgetting to catwalk.

"Easy, please. I didn't know you can walk so fast with your short legs."

"Another insult!"

"Oh, c'mon... Can't I catch cruise with you again."

"Let that cruise break your shoe." He threw back at her. "And don't forget to change back into the cloth you came in here with before you disgrace yourself."

"Ahhhhh! Shhhhh! You don't have to shout it at the top of your lungs."  She diverted into the restroom, changed into an orange thigh-length gown and dashed after him.

"We are out of food stuffs, when are you going to the market?" Anita, reminded him.

"With whose money?"

"Yours of course. Do you expect me to use my money? I'm a woman for crying out loud."

"And I'm not your boyfriend."

"I don't understand you anymore."

"You were never meant to understand you.''

"Okay... What are we going to eat tonight? I can't go to bed hungry."

"I'm not your father."

"You are my roommate and a man. I shouldn't remind you of your duties."

"Trying to reap where you did not show huh?"

"That hurts..."

"How about a change of topic?"

"Whatever... We need to go snap more in another location."

"Who's we? I'm not going anywhere with you expect home."

"You are so impossible!"

"You're welcome."

"Not a complement."

"I beg to differ."

Anita, hissed.

*****

"You're done, ma'am." The attendant politely said when she sighted them. "I'm hoping you will stop by some other time."

"Yes, my dear. Thank you once more."

"You're welcome ma. Can I take a picture with you?"

Anita pretended as though she didn't hear her. You and who, she mused.

"Ma'am..."

"Do have a nice day." Anita cut her off, put on her dark shade and majestically walked out of the mall.