CHAPTER FOUR

"You betrayed me." Were the first words he said. He had so many things to say, so many things his mind had pictured and demonstrated doing to her. However, out of his gentleman charisma which he had built for years and took him so many sacrifices to achieve, he wouldn't soil it now. So the best way he thought to avoid it was too bite his tongue, fist his hands and went into the kitchen, heated water to massage his arching body. His nose had long stop bleeding. Remembering the incident, almost made him weep.

No, he wouldn't cry because a woman 'woman-handled him' if there was such a word.
"Let me help you with it, okay?" The once soothing voice of, Anita drifted to him from the kitchen door. Now it sounded like dagger to his ears.

Silence...

"Mich, baby I know you're not happy with what I did. But I want you to understand why I did that. You are a man, I believed you could handle her."

Silence...

"Don't be cold on me..."

Deeper silence...

If there was anything, Anita hated it was silence and not looking good for the internet. "You really should be ashamed of yourself that you are keeping malice with me simply because a woman beat you."

The pain of five stabs to the guts was no match to what her word made him feel. "Lord help me." He whispered.

"Yes, you need all the help you can get now for the way you look."

That did it!

The next thing Anita knew was her back pinned to the door, a furiously looking Micheal staring down at her. She yelped

"The only help I need right now is self-control not to do to you as that woman did to me." He gritted out, his balled fist shook with each word.

Anita was frightened. She had never seen him this way before. Time to learn on how to curb my tongue, she thought. "I... I... I'm so sorry."

"You're talking nonsense." He drew her back, slammed her once more to the door. He wasn't himself anymore. She had finally shred what he had fought so hard to gather; his control.

"Leave me alone you are hurting me!" She shouted, terrified. When he didn't, she promised herself to never say anything provoking ever again. "Mich, please..."

Just like snow under the heat of the sun, his anger dissolved and he regained himself. "See what you made me do!" He shouted letting go of her. "Damn!" He turned his back to her in abashment. What had he done? This wasn't him. If anyone deserves his anger it should be the hulky woman that attacked him.

Anita, raced off to the room, threw herself on the bed and started crying her eyes out.

Hearing her weep had him leaving what he wanted to do, and beside her on the bed. "I'm sorry, Ann..." Wait... Did he just nicknamed her?

She sobbed even more buring her face on the pillow.

"I feel terrible for doing that to you. I promise it won't happen again."

"Let go of me!"

"Is that what you really want right now?" He said.

"Yes... I want to be by myself. I can't stand the sight of you."

"Alright... I'm out the house. Call me whenever you want me to return." He stood up, picked his cellphone, opened the door...

"Really? And you want to leave me by myself? Fine! Go and never come back! You've always been a coward anyway. Running away from problems." Anita, shouted throwing a pillow at him.

"What the heck do you want from me?"

"Stop pretending!"

"I don't catch on..."

"Fine then, Leave. I'm never calling you."

"If that's what you want, I'm out." He made to close the door behind him.

"Come back here, Michael. You are so annoying." She sat up on the bed glaring at him with tears still running down her cheeks.

"What is it? Like what do you really want? Should I leave or not?"

"Which ever way you want it."

Micheal, bit the inside of his bottom lips, hard. "If you think you can frustrate me, well let me break it to you... You succeed!" He slammed back the door. Sat on the couch and shut his eyes.

"Mich you need to apologise well enough..." She started advancing towards him.

"In what way?"

"Ain't I attractive enough?"

"That you are..."

"What's stopping you then?"

"From doing what?" He opened his eyes and saw, Anita standing before him. In her eyes was something he hadn't seen in those orbs before.
"What are you trying to do?"

"Guess?"

"I'm bad at guessing..."

"What do you think?" The left side of her lips drew back forming a devilish smile.

"Anita..."

TO BE CONTINUED....