CHAPTER TWO

"You were rude. She's been nothing but nice to you," Micheal pointed out.

"Look mich, if you desire to live large you behave like one. This shoot is special and I wouldn't have her ruining it for me. What would happen when she post hers before mine? Remember the game?"

"You should be grateful someone is asking to take a picture with you."

"Whatever." Anita, cut in.

"Now what?"

"We go back home, sort through the pictures and post."

They entered the private ride Micheal booked earlier. When they arrived at their destination, Anita requested to know the price.

"3500 naira, ma."

"350?"

"3500." The man who looked to be in his sixties, replied.

"What do you mean by 3500?" She glared at him.

"Please madam I don't want trouble. When he booked for the ride I gave him a rough check on how much it's worth."

"Shift for here jare. Ah! Mich see this ole o. Oga I have 1k with me, take or leave."

"You must be joking right?"

"Do I look like someone who is playing here?"

"What sort of problem is this? The sun is too hot, please."

"Mich, won't you say anything?"

"What do you intend I say? If you were to be a driver would you accept 1k for such distance? In this lagos traffic?."

Anita, eyed Michael distastefully. "How about you pay? Are you not a man?"

"Did I send you to snap?"

"So that is what you have to say right? No problem." She counted out 2500 naira from her bag and threw it on the passenger seat.

"How much is this?"

"Go and ask your ancestors," she retorted.

"You lack manners, young lady. Mind you I have your mate at home."

"Does she in anyway look like me?" Anita, fired back.

"That's enough!" Micheal said.

"Shut up. How dare you tell me what I should say or not when I'm the man here and you are the woman? Msheeeew." She hissed, turned and left the two men.

"My money is not complete. The price is already registered in the company's system. What would I tell them? Or you expect me to pay with my money?" The man shouted angrily, getting down from the vehicle.

"Sir don't worry. Here's your balance." Micheal dipped his hand into his pocket, brought out an old thousand note and handed it to him.

"Is she your wife or girlfriend?." The driver asked.

"Me, wife or have any intimate relationship with that one? I don't have any plan to die young."

"Good for you. She is bad news." He drove off.

Micheal shook his head, headed off into the house.

"I heard that!' Anita, yelled as soon as he was in.

"Heard what?"

"Don't play dumb with me. You think I would ever consider dating you?" She laughed. "Broke city man like you. Be thankful I'm even sharing apartment with you. Very soon I will leave here for you."

That statement threw Micheal into series of cynical laughter. "You? Leave? How many times have you said that?"

She smirked.

"More than a million times. Broke girl forming posh." He slammed the door to their one room self-contain.

Thirty minutes later, they were still throwing death glares at each other.

"Let me see the pictures." Anita, finally broke the silence.

"I was thinking you wouldn't say anything so I can delete them." He eyed her one last time, shoved the laptop computer housing the picture.

Without saying anything more, Anita selected the once she needed and posted.

Five minutes later...

"Hey! Anita, you can lie. Who gave you advertising job? Just read what you wrote on your caption..."

SHOP THIS BEAUTIFUL PIECE FROM @rainbowwears

HERE LIVE IN EFIK TO SIGN ANOTHER CONTRACT #toomuchmoney #babewiththesauce

"Ehe so what?"

"Take it easy, Anita. What do you think might happen if the owner of that establishment stumbles upon that post?"

"Only the courageous succeed. Beside he or she wouldn't."

"What about the lady that asked for a picture?"

"What evidence does she have? She looks timid to try anything funny. Another reason why I didn't accept to take any picture with her."

"The rainbow boutique you tagged, when did they contact you for advertisement?"

"You worry too much, mich. Relax... I came to this lagos to make it and I must... Heyyyy!"

"What is it?" Micheal jumped off the bed and came behind her on the single couch.

"Look at this village Eniola o... She think she can outshine me in this instagram. Just look at the pictures she just updated... So ugly. I hate her!"

Micheal burst out laughing.

"What's funn..."

Immediately they heard a loud bang on their door.