CHAPTER FIVE

"Get behind me satan." Michael, said.

That still didn't in anyway deter, Anita. She bent to eye level with him, grinned even more. "Too early to start rebuking, don't you think so."

"You better..."

"And I know you want it, too."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No!"

"Oh, yes." She placed a hand on his chest.

Micheal pushed it away. On the process of him getting to his feet, almost knocked her down. "Don't start what you can't finish." He warned. Before she would say anything more, he was out the door.

"Come back here, Micheal." She clutched her narrow waist; sighed in irritation. Then burst into laughter. "Who even need you? All I wanted was to get you to start spending your little change on me." She laughed harder, entered into the bathroom to clean herself up.

______________

Anita, woke up the next day with a heavy heart. After having a terrible headache in the middle of the night as a result of overthinking how, Eniola got more likes than her for the first time. "My enemies are finally at it." She accused, with a twisted nose. "How can a village girl of yesterday get more engagement on her wack post than my beautiful and classy once..." Her phone rang; glancing at the screen, she huffed. "Why is this village girl calling me this early morning?" She uttered in disgust when she saw it was, Eniola calling. She picked.

"Hello, girly." Eniola's excited voice, boomed through the speaker.

Anita, rolled her eyes. "Hi, sweetie."

"My love, I hope your night was as peaceful as mine." Oddly enough, Eniola's statement came off as sarcastic as possible. And it seemed she'd desired to say: No peace for the wicked.

"Very fantastic, my sugar pie." Anita, responded feigning happiness as much she could.

"Bebe... Baddest instagram queen."

"Ah! You bad pass."

They both laughed.

"I called to wish you happy birthday in advance." Eniola, said.

"Awwwww, thank you. Totally forgot my birthday is in seven days time. You know, I've been so busy signing multi-million naira deals after deals. I'm so exhausted."

"Same here, sweetheart. I'm not supposed to say this, but since you are my good friend let me tell you: RETIM GOLD company contacted my manager three days back begging for me to be one of their brand ambassador. I wanted declining because I've got a lot on my plate, but then they offered 15 million for a year contract."

Anita, didn't know when she shouted. Realizing how cheap she'd come off as, she covered it up with a laugh.

"What's funny?"

"I'm simply surprised on how cheap your services are. Common 15 million naira for an entire year. Well, I signed one of 35 million for six months, yesterday. My advice to you is that you shouldn't accept that offer. If they can't make it at least 30 million, then you drop it. You're too big for that honey."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Look, the more higher your price the more the respect. You shouldn't even be considering such low price from: RETIM GOLD. A whole investment that deals in pure gold. How much a gold worth?"

"Hmmmm... I think you are right. How about we see later in the day for better communication?"

Anita, scratched her head. Placed it under her nose, twisted her nostril in disgust when she perceived foul odor. I need to visit the salon... But who will give me money? She thought.

"Hello babe, are you there?"

"Yes, yes. Uhmmm the thing is that I traveled out of town last night and currently in Abuja. From here I will be leaving for Dubai tomorrow morning for my monthly shopping."

"Enjoying your money, right." Eniola, muttered.

"Yes, love. I made it to spend it." Anita, boasted.

"When you get back you let me know. I think it's time I know where you live."

"Same here. Expect my call as soon as I return."

"Okay darling. Bye."

The line went dead.

"You want to know where I live right? You will wait tire." Anita, hissed. "Wonder shall never cease. Eniola, getting brand ambassador request of millions of naira, while I'm here living from hand to mouth. I'm glad I told her to turn it down. There's no way she's getting ahead of me in this game. Rubbish."

______

While on the other end, Eniola, lay back on the bed, gazed up at the ceiling in anger, filled with envy. "Anita, is cruising around the world, while I'm still managing this small apartment my sugar daddy rented for me. And the worst part of it is that he only gives me money when he wants to chop. I think it's time to find a richer one to fund my lifestyle. I'm here lying about getting a contract of 15 million while, Anita of yesterday is truly cashing out bigger money. Girl of yesterday. When did she even join instagram? Chai! I feel like pulling all the hairs from her skull right now."

Her iphone 12 pro max rang, when she saw who was calling she rolled her eyes, turned on flight mood. "This old man won't let me rest. I know how many times I had to satisfy him before I was able to raise up money for this phone. Something Anita, told me she bought two days after it was released to the market. Why am I so unlucky?" She turned to the other side of the bed. "I need to start associating with her seriously."

_________

"Did we travel to Abuja in spirit?" Michael, questioned as soon as, Anita opened the door for him.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"I couldn't help it."

"That's your business. I must shine my shine."

"Take it easy while at it."

"Why didn't you come home last night, anyways?

"And how is that your concern?"

"You are right, it's not. I want to remind you that my brithday is in a week..."

"So?"

"You do the needful."

"Which is?"

She smiled seductively. "I want money to make my hair..."

TO BE CONTINUED...