CHAPTER SEVEN

"You bought new set of sofa... Uhmmm the color of your dinning table looks odd and not so pretty. Oh, and..."

"Are you here to criticize my properties?" Kelechi, questioned.

"Sorry, I'm only offering free critique." Anita, replied trying hard to suppress envy from surfacing on her face. "If I were the one, I would go for blue instead of..."

"But you are not the one. I am not you and you are not me. I'm busy with important things if you don't have anything to say."

"Okay..." She sat down. "Won't you sit, too?"

"Must I?"

"I said I'm sorry."

"Why are you here?"

"You see..."

"Yes I can see."

"Ha! Kelechi, easy on me."

"I'm all ears."

"Last week I gave out my cloths to the less privileged. To a really wretched looking woman that I took pity on. Now I'm left with only three gowns. There is this meeting I was urgently invited to, so I came..."

"To borrow cloth from me."

Embarrassed, Anita giggled to cover it up. "Yes, it's like you are a prophetess. How did you know?"

"Because you borrow cloth from me before you decided I was not good enough to be friends with. Which I am grateful for. The likes of you is of no use for my intellect."

Anita, chuckled. Her cheeks reddened in abashment. "Ah! You don't forget things o..."

"I try not to forget the face of those who claim to be what they are not."

"I'm not one of them..."

"Why coming to lend cloth from me when you can simply buy?"

"I would have... The thing is that; I invested my entire money in a project worth 85 million naira. I'm currently cashless and expecting my capital and more during the weekend. Look I even had to cancel my flight to Canada..."

"Enough of the lies... You still haven't changed a bit."

"I swear I'm not lying. If I'm not telling the truth let the neck of my neighbor bend. You know how much I care about humanity."

"Really?"

"Yes..."

"Why are you owing rent for six months?"

"What... That's not true. Beside I live in Island.."

"Shut your gob jare. Didn't madam Bisi look for you yesterday for the 550 you are owing her?"

"Ha! That woman with her big mouth. Well, I was there yesterday to greet my neighbor that put to bed."

"Is that it?"

"Yes, trust me. So about the cloth..."

"I can't give out any cloth to you. Who knows if you plan to do evil with it."

"Hmmmm... Your level of distrust for me has really increased. Why'd you say that."

"Just know you can't do anything to me."

"We both know I can't."

"I won't give you my cloth."

"Please, Kelechi. I need it... I promise to wash and iron it for you very well before bringing it back."

"What about the business deal you claimed to have sealed four days back on instagram?"

"That one..."

"When are you going to stop deceiving yourself."

"Look who is judging me. You also claim to be an instagram influencer." Anita, replied getting to her feet. She felt so hot to still remain seated.

"I don't claim to be what I'm not. Or have what I don't own. If you go through my instagram wall you will see that I post my home, the business I help advertise with pay, with concrete evidence. And not audio ambassadorship like you."

"I did not come here for you to insult me!" Anita, charged. "Are you giving me the cloth or not?"

"No."

"Suit yourself..." Anita, started for the door. Chai! How do I get new cloth to take new pictures and show, Eniola and all other slay queens on the internet who's boss... This Kelechi of a girl is really wicked, Anita mused.

"Lock the door when you are out."

Anita, stopped. Turned to face her. "So you are not going to stop me from leaving? Are you that stingy?"

"You have the effrontery to argue with me in my own house."

"I sincerely apologise for it. You accused me of being what I'm not."

"Won't you leave again?" Kelechi, mocked.

"Please, just borrow me one of your fine cloths that you haven't used to take picture. I will return it tomorrow. "

"What time?"

"3: pm top."

Kelechi, went into her bedroom, few minutes later she came out with three beautiful short gowns and threw it on a sofa. "Make your pick."

"Wow! They are so beautiful. Uhmmm can I take the three of them, I promise..."

"Are you for real right now?"

"Oya sorry." Few minutes later, Anita settled for a red gown that exposed half of the thighs. "Give me one of your shoes, together with that your red bone straight hair..."

"Get out from my house right this minute. I will buy you a cow and also slaughter it for you." Kelechi, angrily said.

"What are friends for..."

"I'm not your friend, and never will be."

"Stop saying that. I don't like cheap shoes but since you only afford cheap things I can manage. Just borrow me one, I will give it to the aboki man in front of my house to shine it before bringing it back..."

"Anita, leave my house already." Kelechi, warned.

"You easily get angry. Fine I will leave... But what about the..."

"I won't give you. I was doing something In the kitchen before you came."

"What are you cooking? It might be something I can manage?"

"You've got no shame at all, Anita. You want me to stop you from using my cloth, right?"

"Ah! No..."

"Then leave."

"Fine..." She stood up. "Can I get any fancy expensive bag to package this cloth in?"

"No."

"Okay... Have a nice day."

Kelechi didn't respond.

Anita, opened the door. "You will hear from me tomo..."

"Baby, is the food ready?"

Anita, froze in her spot. She recognized that voice... Wait... Let it not be...

Slowly she turned, their eyes met...

"WHAT!" They both said in unison.

TO BE CONTINUED...