Part 22

Y/n's POV

When we got home, I put Saylah in her crib and went to mine and Rafes bathroom.

I showered and everything and was washing my face when I heard a knock.

"Baby can I please come in..?" Rafe said quietly.

"What Rafe?" I mumbled turning the water off.

"Please, don't give me the silent treatment baby. Come in just let me talk to you." He walked in

"Rafe you have told me what happened 3 times already. I'm not giving you the silent treatment, I'm trying to process the fact that we're gonna have to pay for rehab and the meds that they give you and health insurance doesn't exactly have our back all the time. I'm processing the fact that I am going to have to figure out a way to tell my daughter that daddy's not gonna be here for a little bit. Not only do I have to do that but now I am going to be pulling both of our weight with this house and car insurance, all because someone was being an asshole and you couldn't deal with that. I'm not trying to be a bitch but did you for one second think of any of the consequences of your actions?" I asked now standing in our room with my arms flailing.

He stayed quiet.

"Rafe... I love you so much, but I really don't wanna look at you right now. We can talk about this more tomorrow." I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen to grab a water before running back to the room.

Rafe tried to follow me back in but I shut the door before he could come in.

I heard him sigh before walking away.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and shut all the lights off. I plugged in my phone and I laid down.

I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. It felt colder than usual. The room felt weird. I tossed and turned most of the night before finally.... Not falling asleep.

It was 2 in the morning and there was almost no point in going to sleep, but I still needed sleep.

I sighed and threw the covers off of me knowing he was gonna tease me about it one day.

I went down stairs to see Rafe laid on the couch rubbing his face. I frowned and walked the rest of the way down the stairs when he saw me.

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"I uh- I can't sleep." I stuttered out.

"Why not?" He sat up.

"Can I lay with you..?" My voice cracked.

"Come here baby." He sighed.

I walked over to the couch and sat on his lap wrapping my arms around his neck.

He held me closely while I played with his hair.

"I'm sorry for lashing out on you." I whispered.

"Shh it's ok, I understand. We need to sleep though." He whispered in my ear.

"Do you wanna go upstairs?" I asked

"Yea come on." He picked me up allowing me to wrap my legs around him.

He trudged up the stair while I held onto him with my life, we finally made it to our bedroom.

He laid me down on the bed and went to change into comfortable clothes.

He hadn't changed since he had been home. I sat on my knees with my blanket around me waiting for him to get done.

I picked at my nails when I felt the bed move behind me. I turned around and saw him laying down.