Part 27

(Who else loves dysfunctional family's?🥲)

Y/n's pov

It had been about a week since we decided what was going to happen. I had already talked to Rafe about everything.

He said he would try to get out as soon as possible. As much as I wanted to believe him, I knew Ward was in charge of Damn near everything on this island, and if he wanted Rafe in there, he would stay.

Jayla was in her way to my moms house now. We decided that weather or not she said yes, that we would be going to move to Chicago, to my old house.

I knew she would say yes to Jayla though, so that was one less thing to worry about.

Our plan was, whether Rafe was out or not, Jayla would go with Saylah a week before I did. That way a could pack up essentials and I would t have to deal with a baby all by my self.

Then after I had our house packed up, or at least the important stuff, I would bring the things I couldn't take in the plane to John B's house.

After I would go straight to the airport, and I would go to Chicago.

I had already started packing, and everyone was here helping me, including Kie and Pope.

We were running through the house like maniacs, which is exactly what I needed.

If it was just me by myself I would be having a breakdown over every little thing a dug up from storage. Pictures and Saylahs old clothes.

All though we hadn't been here long, this house held so many memories. I wasnt ready for this chapter in my life to be over. But all good things come to an end.

I sighed as I took our last family photo off of the wall and placed it lightly in the box.

I still had a lot to do, but the things I wanted a John B's was all packed.

"How you feeling?" JJ came and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know." I said bluntly.

"I know... it'll be hard, but I know you'll get through it." He gave me a hug before going back to playing with Saylah.

"Thanks JJ." I chuckled slightly as Saylah threw her bottle at him.

Just then, Jayla bursted through the front door and jangled keys in my face.

"I got the house!!" She said excitedly.

"Oh thank god." I said as if I didn't know she was gonna give it to her.

"Ok so, me and Saylah leave tomorrow, JJ agreed to come so he could help unpack and all that shit. What do you want to do about Rafe?" She asked

"I really don't want to think about that right now. We all know he's still gonna be here when I'm gone. He's not gonna get out." I told them walking to Saylahs room.

Her whole life was in this room, and now it's all in boxes.

I picked up a few boxes and brought them to the living room.

"Well what does he thinks gonna happen?" Jayla asked

"He thinks the same thing, but he has more hope than me. Maybe that's what we need. A little positivity." I rolled my eyes listening to the words fall from my lips.

Who am I kidding? My life is a god damn shit show.

"It'll be ok." She sighed as we loaded things into JJs truck and the H.M.S Pogues.

"Ok, so we will take this stuff to my house and you guys can sleep there-" John B started

"I want to sleep here.." I told them.