Part 3-Taken

Shanks watched as a bandit walked in. He had his hand on his sword, which was still in its case, but Shanks tensed up a bit.

The bandit saw Echo, and Shanks turned around. He saw the bandit was staring at him. Again? All because I have a baby on my back..

Shanks turned around again, and took a drink of sake. He felt a weight being lifted off his back, and turned around quickly.

He saw the bandit running out of the bar, holding the baby. He quickly got up, knocking the stool over. He sprinted after them. His crew followed suit, sprinting as well.

The bandit obviously knew this town well, as it was hard to keep up with him. Shanks sprinted as fast as he could. He was panicking, knowing he would never forgive himself if Echo died.

Shanks turned the corner, and saw the bandit there, surrounded by all his goons. He had a pistol held to the baby's forehead. Shanks eyes turned into holes of horror.

Shanks grabbed his sword handle and started to pull it out. The bandit shook his head. "Nuh uh, Shanks. Put that sword away or this baby is dead as hell!"

Shanks had the most blank look on his face as he put his sword away. He tipped down his hat and looked back up again, smiling. The bandit had the most confused look on his face.

Shanks smiled. "Well, I'm about to give you some advice. Be aware of your surroundings. You won't remember that after this."

The bandit looked around and saw his goons had all been knocked out. He turned around and was smacked with a musket handle. The bandit collapsed to the ground, thankfully not landing on top of Echo.

Shanks smiled. The baby had awakened and was laughing. She made little grabby hand towards Shanks and he laughed for a second. He picked up Echo and carried her back to the ship.

Echo fell asleep on the way back, and Shanks set her in a crib he had made for her. Echo slept peacefully, as the others partied into the night.