Part 11- Shanks Leaves

Luffy's Point of View

Me and Echo sat on the side of the doctors house. My heart was still racing from what just happened. That bastard bandit! I didnt even get in one punch!

"Luffy. Can I show you something? It's really cool I promise!" I looked over at Echo, I started to get excited. "Yeah!"

Echo nodded, then smiled. "We have to go somewhere secret though!" I nodded and she led me to the back of a house.

She whispered, "Ready? Tell me any animal." I thought about it. "Do...a...uhh....a.....a owl!" She nodded and told me not to freak out. I watched as she melted down to the size of an owl and before you know it, a brown owl with white streaks sat in-front of me.

I stared in awe. The owl flew up and landed on my head. I laughed and the owl sat down. I shook my head and the owl flew back down. I watched as the owl turned back into a girl again.

She also showed me she could turn any part of her body to animal. She showed me raven wings, fox ears; you know it, she can do it.

Once she had shown me, we went back out to the hospital doors. Echo knocked once and walked in. Shanks was sleeping in a small bed near the corner or the room. I saw Yassop and the rest of the crew surrounded his bed.

Echo walked over, and I followed suit. We saw shanks was clutching his hat in his only hand, his right hand. I felt my heart sink when I saw his other 'arm'. I saw he had barely any arm left. I looked over at Echo, and her expression told me everything.

I sighed and left crying. Echo followed suit. As I sat on the side of the building. Echo sat beside me as I cried. She knew she didn't have to say anything. She let me lean against her as I cried. I saw a tear come from her eye.

She must've felt torn on the inside, she just didn't show it. She tried to be strong, for some random kid she had just met.

I cried for a good 20 minutes. After I was done, Shanks walked outside. He was holding a mug of beer and when he saw us, his face lit up. Echo smiled and I smiled the biggest smile. Shanks sat down next to us and asked us some questions, like how lonely it was without him and what he had missed.

Afterwards he took me back to the place where I stayed and said he would see me again tomorrow morning. I said bye to Echo and we hugged. I watched as she walked away, holding Shanks hand.

4 weeks later...
Luffy's POV

I watched as Shank's crew loaded supplies. Echo was carrying some beer for the crew. Shank walked up to me and asked if I still wanted to be a pirate. I nodded. "This time I won't be begging you to take me with you!" Shanks laughed. "I wouldn't let you on my crew anyways. Your not tough enough!"

"ILL MAKE A CREW STRONGER THEN YOURS! I'll be the pirate KING!" Shanks smiled and took off his straw hat. He looked at it, and placed it on my head. He crouched to to get to my level of height. I started to cry.

"Luffy. Promise to return this to me when you become a great pirate. Ok?" I just nodded. Shanks boarded his ship, and they started to pull the anchor up. I stood there, crying. Echo waves to me and I waved back, laughing and crying at the same time. I was holding the hat, tears streaming out of my eyes.

Soon the ship set sail, and I watched it until I couldn't see it anymore. I got up, and slowly walked back into the town.