Part 22- Shanks Returns!

Third person
4 weeks later...

Echo didn't have the bandages on anymore, but she still needed the crutches. Whitebeard was able to meet up with Shanks at a small island called Coon.

When Shanks saw his daughter for the first time in a month and a half, he ran over and hugged her. Ace walked over and saw this. They really do love each other, don't they. His mind told him. Echo had dropped her crutches when Shanks hugged her, so Ace picked them back up again and handed them to her.

Echo hugged him, a few tears coming f rom her eyes. He hugged back, trying not to cry.
"Oh yeah. Ace I have something for you." She handed him a small, origami dragon and a...piece of paper?

"This piece of paper will reunite us someday, ok?" Ace nodded and watched sadly as Shanks and Echo left. Whitebeard walked next to him and crouched. "So...you really did like her, huh?" Ace nodded and looked down at the origami in his hands. He noticed there was some writing underneath its wing.

Her flipped it over and read, "I love you. May this remind you of me. -Echo"

Ace smiled. He ran towards the ship. It was already a few yards out. He raised his hands in the air and yelled out. "ECHO! I LOVE YOU TOO!" Echo turned around and waved. Tears were starting to form in his eyes.

Echo watched as the figure named Ace slowly disappeared. Shanks hugged her again, crying. She hugged back, tears streaming from her eyes.

After they hugged, Shanks was curious about her crutches. "Echo, what happened? Why do you need crutches?"

Echo smiled. "Well Pops, I'm about to tell you a very interesting story." She then told him about the battle, the scar across her face, and Ace. Shanks seemed shocked by the end of it. He smiled. "I didn't know you could do different types of dragons. I'm surprised! And now you have a scar too."

He pointed to his scar, which was three separate scars that went across his left eye. Echo's went from her right eyebrow, crossed over her right eye and nose bridge, and ended at the bottom of her left cheek. She also had a round scar on her forehead near the top left corner.

Yassop walked over and smacked her on the back. "Hey! It was lonely without you on board! Did you miss me?" Echo nodded. Yassop laughed and Shanks declared a party.

Echo decided to try beer, or whiskey, even though she was only 17. She gingerly took a sip, the whole crew by watching. She smiled and drank some more. She liked beer! For the first time, she joined them as they partied.

She went to Shanks room, and saw her little bowl-nest. She turned into a crow and flew up. She was a bit drunk so she just decided to go to bed.