Part 9- Gomu-Gomu no Mi

Echo's point of view.

I was fuming. I could not push my anger down. I was able to control it and just sat there, holding my glass of pomegranate juice. Luffy then stood up on the bar, fuming

"SHANKS WHY DIDNT YOU FIGHT BACK?! IT DOSENT MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW MANY THERE ARE! FIGHT BACK!" Shanks just smiled. I got down and helped with the mess. I saw Luffy eating something.

Shanks had found a devil fruit on his journey and was keeping it in a wooden box. And the wooden box was open.

He ate the devil fruit.

Shanks saw this and just smiled. "You eating out of frustration, Luffy?"

"Shut *chewing* up." Luffy just blankly responded. Shanks saw the open wooden box and I saw his eyes turn to horror.

He grabbed Luffy and started to shake him upside down, yelling, "SPIT IT OUT! SPIT IT OUT!" I ran over and I saw Luffys neck stretch and his face landed on the wooden floors.

I recoiled. It freaked me out a bit. Shanks was yelling at him. "LUFFY YOU JUST ATE A DEVIL FRUIT! EATING IT TAKES YOUR ABILITY TO SWIM!!"

Luffy was just staring, dumbfounded at what just happened. I just watched as Luffy ran out. I ran after him, even though Shanks told me not to.

I followed him around the corner and heard some commotion. I ran around the corner and saw him kicking the bandit from earlier. Luffy was screaming at him.

"SAY SORRY TO SHANKS!" The bandit just threw him against a well and I ran at the bandit. I was soon thrown against a wall, and I started to bleed. Tears started coming from my eyes, from pain, but I still got back up.

One of his goons soon was holding me at gun point. I watched at the bandit put a sword next to Luffys throat. He had his boot on his head.

"Hey." I knew the voice was Pa's voice. I looked over and saw the whole crew there. He looked up and smirked. "Luffy. Didn't you say your punches were as strong as pistols?"

"Shut—your—mouth!"

The bandit turned around. I was being held up against a wall and tears were slowly coming out of my eyes.

"Shanks. You might want to leave. You don't want anything bad to happen now, would you? And I have just the man to deliver this message." One of his goons then held a pistol to his head.

"I'll blow your head off. But that's up to you my friend." Shanks didn't react.

"Are you going to risk your life? Now that you've drawn your pistol, are you willing to use it?"

"Wh-what the hell are you talking about?!"

Shanks looked over, and moved the pistol just slightly so he could look at him. "I'm saying pistols aren't for threats they are for action." I watched, stunned as Roux appeared behind him and shot
him, point blank range.

I heard Luffy mutter, "Shanks!" The bandit had a scared expression. "Look! The kid attacked us first! So did the girl over there. Shanks looked over, just realizing I was there.

He tipped his straw hat down. "I don't care about your intentions. If you hurt my daughter or my friend you are going to pay for it. No matter what."

Then the bandit threw a smoke bomb. I felt something grab my arm, and something hit my head, hard. I fell unconscious.