Part 5- Mama Shanks

Time skip: 1year

Echo had been on the ship for about 1 and a half years. Shanks and Yassop were trying to teach Echo how to walk.

Roux just stood on the side and watched.
Shanks sat on one side while Yassop on the other side. Yassop helped with her first few steps, and Echo was able to make it all the way to Shanks.

Roux took a bite of meat. Shanks laughed and turned echo around again. "Now go back to Yassop." He whispered in her ear.

Echo started to walk over, fell down, and got up again. The baby immediately turned around and went back to Shanks.

He laughed. " I think she learned quicker then most!" That night as the crew partied, Shanks kept Echo on his back. Once it had quieted down a bit, Shanks was holding the baby.

Echo made little grabby hands towards Shanks, and he heard her say her first word. "Ma!"

Shanks blushed with embarrassment as his crew started to laugh. "Mama Shanks!" Shanks also started to laugh.

Echo was also laughing and squirming from all the excitement. As the crew was cracking jokes and telling story's, Shanks went to his room and rocked back and forth, humming and sometimes quietly singing to Echo.

The baby had fallen asleep, and so had Shanks. One of his crewmen walked in to check on him, saw that they were both asleep, and walked out quietly.

Shanks woke up sometime in the middle of the night, realized what had happened, and put Echo in her crib. Shanks sighed and went outside. He had a massive hangover from the night before.

Shanks sat cross legged on the deck, watching the sea. He had put his straw hat on to remind him of Roger again.

As he sat there, thinking about Roger, he heard Yassop coming out of his sleeping quarters.

"Heya Shanks. Or should I call you Mama Shanks?" Yassop laughed. Shanks elbowed him, smiling. "Yes call me Mama Shanks!" He laughed.