Part 13-The Father

1 month later...
Date: August 28th, 1517
Echo POV

I woke up to the sound of cheering. I yawned and just laid in the bed for a minute, wondering what they could be cheering about. I got up, my arms and legs sore.

I walked out onto the deck, and saw them cheering. I noticed they weren't holding any beer.

Huh. That's weird. Wouldn't they be drinking beer at this time?

Shanks saw me and showed me a poster. It had my picture on it. "What's that, Pa? Why is my picture on it?" Shanks smiled.

"This is a bounty poster. It shows how much your worth. Yours is already 450,000 Beri!" I stared in awe of the poster. I held it gingerly.

Shanks then showed me what his was.
His was a 4.048 billion beri. Shanks didn't seem proud of his, but he seemed proud of mine.

I didn't know people wanted to find me that badly.

It was getting late in the evening and I had transformed into a crow and was sitting on Shanks head as he saw in the crows nest. There was a very nice sunset at the moment. I jumped of his head and turned back.

"Hey, Pa... I don't look like you... am I adopted? I mean I don't have red hair, you said you've never married and never will... Or did you find me? I was just curious."

Shanks looked over at me. "Echo, we found you in the storage room here on the ship." I started to zone out after he said that. Shanks looked into my eyes and saw the blank expression. He waved his hand in front of my face and that's when I snapped out of it.

"Echo. Do you know what I just said?" I nodded. "Yes sir. You said you found me in the storage room."

Shanks smirked and look at the sunset again. I grew some bird wings and kinda hovered back down to the deck.

I had a feeling. A bad feeling about something. I just couldn't put my finger on it... so I just tried to ignore it. The feeling became more and more intense the next day.

I didn't tell anybody about it because I didn't want it to worry anybody. It slowly started to fade in and out. I heard Shanks call for me so I went to meet him on the deck.

"Echo, I've been wanting you to pick out you own weapon. You'll need to help us fight one day. Night as well start teaching you now." I nodded. He took me to the storage where most of the weapons were being held.

There were a variety of weapons. I saw one that caught my eye. It looked like a double sided sword that had segments, like a whip but a sword.

I picked it up

I picked it up. It felt good in my hand. I also learned that it can go back to a normal sword. "This is the one!" Shanks smiled. "Alright let's get the training going."

(I am extremely tired while I was writing this so I'm sorry)

Shanks gave me the case for it and we headed out on deck. He showed me some blocking formations and asked me to try them. I was able to do it, just not as professionally.