Part 4-Newgate

Time skip- 6 months.

Yassop was looking around frantically, trying to find Echo.
"ECHO!Where is this baby?!"

Shanks heard him yelling for her and he called him over.

"Yassop, she is right here-" he pointed to the front of the deck where she was crawling around, giggling. Yassop smacked his forehead.

Shanks laughed. "She has been there this whole time." Yassop shook his head.

"I'm gonna go grab a beer..." Shanks nodded and carried Echo with him to the storage, were to beer was.

Shanks lifted Echo onto his back and grabbed two bottles of beer. Shanks went back outside and saw a ship west of theirs.

He recognized the ship as Whitebeards. His eyes widened slightly when he noticed the ship wasent making any attempt to avoid them.

He got the baby carrier and put Echo on his back. The ship anchored next to them and they put a board in between each ship.

Shanks walked over onto Whitebeards ship and Newgate saw the baby on Shanks back.

"Shanks, who's the baby?" Shanks looked up at him. "Somebody left her my ship and I wasn't about to leave her."

Whitebeard nodded and started to pour them some sake. Shanks sat cross legged as he and Whitebeard chatted.

Echo had fallen asleep and was sleeping quietly. Whitebeard took notice of how quiet the baby was. "Shanks, you got lucky, that baby is quieter then a mouse."

Shanks nodded, and took a swig of beer. "Her name is Echo. We have had her for around 6 months." After they were done talking, Shanks got up and boarded his own ship again.

The two crews parted ways and the sky was getting dimmer. Echo had woken up, full of energy. Shanks tried everything to get her back to sleep.

Eventually Shanks tried rocking back and forth on the bed, humming. This lulled Echo to sleep. Shanks kept doing this, making sure she was definitely asleep.

Yassop walked in on him doing this, and he smirked. "Mama Shanks to the rescue." Shanks rolled his eyes and put Echo in her crib.

On his way out, he elbowed Yassop. "I'm getting you back for that!" Yassop just laughed as they walked on deck. Shanks and his crew partied all night.

Again.