Chapter 6

The darkness consumed her vision. She could hear the growls, the angry voices. She could hear Edward, tone scathing and pointed. He was angry. Alpha was angry. She whined in distress; her omega restless to comfort her alpha but the heavy pull of the darkness of her drop kept her from seeking him out.

Arms wrapped around her torso, holding her tight and secure. She could hear a faint voice, muffled and far off like hearing someone from underwater. This voice was quiet, calm, gentle. The smell of omega, Yorkshire tea with a touch of sweetness filled her lungs. Louis. Her omega.

She tried to lift her heavy limbs to embrace him back but couldn't seem to coordinate her muscles, completely pliant in her dropping state.

All at once the yelling and harsh voices stopped. Alpha was gone. Panic flooded her chest, gripping her lungs like a vice. Edward had left her just like she'd feared. She was alone.

No, not alone. Her omega was here. Her mate
She felt his delicate fingers thread through hers, the familiar tingle of energy between their palms as
everything went silent.

A frosty breeze bit at her cheeks and fresh winter air filled her lungs, cleansing and refreshing. She looked up to see strings of lights hung in crisscrossing patterns above her head, twinkling and shimmering against the inky black sky. The smell of cinnamon and sweets wafted on the frosty December breeze. Music and joyful voices melded together into a nostalgic hum. The radiant wonderment, pure and innocent, of being a child at Christmas time flooded her being. A joyful simplicity that she often longed for.
She'd only seen scenes like this in movies, quaint holiday festivals in sleepy little towns. But this wasn't a movie, It was a memory. One of Louis' that he was sharing with her .Just like she had done for him when he'd been overwhelmed after learning of their bond. The warm blissful feeling flooded her consciousness, edging out the panic and grounding her through that glittering energy that crackled between them.

Louis clung to Ana, he could no longer hear the alphas but he could feel the intense emotions Harry was experiencing through their bond, the anguish and desperation and above all, the longing. It was confusing to Louis, bond or no bond, how could Harry have feelings for someone who'd been so cold to him. Who had looked at Louis with unadulterated rage upon learning of the bond with Ana?

They stayed like that, wrapped up in one another, for what could have been hours or even days, Louis couldn't be sure. The next thing he was aware of was strong arms pulling him from the couch as Ana was lifted from his lap.
He felt panicked at being separated from his omega. His heart raced and as he clung to the blonde, scrambling to keep her close.

"C'mon lou, it's alright." He heard Harry's voice, soft and reassuring.

No it wasn't alright. He'd promised her that he'd make sure she was ok. He needed to stay with her to make sure she was ok.

Harry could sense Louis' distress, and could feel him becoming overwhelmed.

Louis felt Harry's long warm fingers gently grip the back of his neck, feeling for that certain spot.

No. No. No. he couldn't go under. He needed to stay with Ana.

He barely felt the pressure to his omega spot before the soothing embrace of omega space enveloped him and Harry's arms held him close as he drifted into the calm depths.

Harry spent the entire taxi ride back to the hotel attempting to calm his omega. He was still reeling from the confrontation with Edward. He felt lighter in a way, finally able to release years of anger and resentment. But those feelings still lingered, like glowing embers from a bonfire, subdued but still white-hot.

He pushed aside his thoughts of Edward as he attempted to sooth Louis who squirmed and whimpered even in omega space, clearly distressed. Once in their suite, he undressed Louis and himself, tucking him into bed and keeping him pressed close to his body.