[+] Charger

The dress he'd bought for me was spectacular. It fit snugly to the curves of my body, billowing out in a dainty ruffled skirt from the waist down. It was more colorful and vibrant than anything else in my wardrobe. It was also far more expensive.

As I surveyed my appearance in the floor length mirror, I became terribly anxious. I hoped that I didn't look awkward or frumpy in something so pretty. It was obvious that the dress outshined me by a vast margin.

In an effort to ignore my apprehensiveness, I trotted downstairs and rushed to the door. Standing in front of it, I hesitated. I inhaled sharply to try to replenish the oxygen that had swiftly left my lungs. I admonished myself for worrying about something so foolish.

It was only a dress. I didn't understand why the thought of him seeing me in it made me so insecure. I reminded myself that 2D had seen me naked many times before, which was supposed to help, but only resulted in further embarrassing me.

With a deep breath and a red face, I opened the door. I narrowly evaded its path as a gust of wind caused it to almost smack me in the head. I had forgotten how windy spring could be.

A second, increasingly powerful draft billowed through the doorway, sending my hair flying in all directions. The dress was blown upwards. It exposed more of me to the world than I'd like to admit. I panicked, pushing it down frantically, holding the bottom of it in place with both hands. I spun around a few times, relieved to find that no one had bore witness to me acting like a halfwit.

It was going to take some getting used to, certainly.

I made it down the driveway with uneasy steps, conscious not to let the dress humiliate me in plain view this time. 2D's silhouette was outlined in the driver's seat of a black Charger pulled up by the roadside. The moment I laid eyes on him, he sensed me. His attention shifted. He watched unflinchingly as I approached the car with the hem of the dress clenched tightly in my fists.

I sat in the car quietly. I was so highly strung that I couldn't bring myself to meet his gaze. The weather was lovely. Even so, I was shivering uncontrollably. I stared straight ahead out the windshield. A blush burned fiercely on my cheeks.

He hadn't said anything, not a single word. He didn't drive, either.

I don't know how long we remained that way. It must have been a while, since I had actually gotten bored of waiting for someone to tease me.

Still a little too nervous face 2D directly, I examined the interior of the vehicle. The car was quite luxurious. There was a large electronic display on the dashboard with a comfortable curve molded into it to allow room for people of a great height. It was designed that way to suit someone much like the man in the driver's seat that would not stop gawking at me.

"What?" I asked, "Does it - Does it look bad?"

I finally gathered the courage to look his way.

2D was unmoving, like a character in a television show paused mid-sentence. He was dressed well, wearing a button-down shirt and jeans that didn't look like they'd been dragged along the road by a semi for thirty miles. Each of his hands rested idly, one on the wheel and the other on the his knee. His mouth hung agape, exposing his missing teeth. His tongue flapped around loosely in his jaw like a freshly caught fish.

The tension that welled up in me dissolved instantaneously. I doubled over in laughter.

"You, uh," I gasped for air between hysterics, "You good, 'D?"

It was as if he'd just now registered that I was talking to him.

He went scarlet, fidgeting with his hands nervously. It was adorable. Finally, he spoke.

"Yew... Saoirse, yew look striking. Yew're luvly. I'm glad et fits. I neva bought somefink like 'at fo' enyone befo', so I didn't know wha' to expect."

He chuckled softly, resting his hand on my thigh.

"Can't say I expected yew to strike me mute. Enyway, got somefink new in mind tonight. Yew up fo' et?"

"Well, what is it?"

He grinned at me, his pitch dark eyes lightening a shade brighter than they'd been before. I knew from that charming smile and self-assured nod that he wasn't going to tell me anything. He enjoyed seeing me caught off guard by one of his surprises. This wasn't going to be an exception.

We pulled into the parking lot of a roller rink a half hour later. I was mildly concerned about how good of an idea this was. The closest I had ever come to being on wheels was driving a car, and I did not think either of us were dressed appropriately for the activity.

"Uh... 2D, I don't know how to skate. Or rollerblade. Or anything like that."

2D reached out to me, interlocking his fingers with mine. Confidence radiated from him.

"I know, luv," he snickered, "I'm goin' to teach yew. Et won't be bad. I promise."