[+] Sex Murder Party

((This chapter contains mature content and drug use. Reader discretion is advised.))

I cut and run to the living area of the townhouse. 2D trailed after me in a panic as he tried, ineffectually, to bottle my fury. He begged me not to do it, not to hurt anybody, but I was blinded with rage.

"Dead. Dead, damn it! You're dead!"

I searched the entire house twice in the hunt for Murdoc. I found no trace of him anywhere. I ambled from room to room one more time, finally accepting defeat upon my third inspection of the common area. I threw the knife down hard. It left splinters sticking out from the hardwood flooring in front of the garbage-picked loveseat.

"God. He can't be hurting you like this, 'D," I whimpered.

I was weak on my feet all of a sudden. I leaned most of my weight on the arm of the couch.

"Yew still can't kill 'im though."

"I know. I know I can't, okay?"

"Alrigh'." 

2D's shoulders slumped. He looked exhausted. Quietly, he trudged up the stairwell to his room and shut the door behind him.

I felt like a monster. I had been caged in perpetuity. I had only meant to fend off the needless misery. I didn't want to hurt anyone.

My legs gave way. I collapsed to the ground like a leaf shedding in autumn. The slivered wood prodded into my knee. It drew no blood.

"Saoirse-san."

A draft blew from the stairwell behind me. Goosebumps rose on the back of my neck.

"Saoirse-san, is there an intruder?"

"No. I'm sorry. Only me."

Noodle came forward to help me up. I stopped her, waving her off in a weak gesture of resistance.

"It's alright," I said.

She sighed. It was a pitiful, humble sound. She set her palm on top of my head.

"Is it something Murdoc has done that caused all of this?"

"How much did you hear?"

"Enough, I think."

She jostled me around until she was underneath my arms. She lifted me and set me on my feet. It was a swift, effortless action. It was so unexpected that it nearly caused me to lose my footing a second time.

"How bad did he get him?"

"It's bad, Noodle. It's really bad. I don't know what I can do."

She latched onto my shoulders, shifting me to face the stairwell. Her expression was concerned yet restrained. I admired her ability to stay levelheaded in such an unstable situation.

"Maybe you could just be there, then. I will worry about the rest. Come to my room after."

"Okay. I will."

The walk to 2D's room seemed to take forever. I knocked on the door. It slowly swung open. It didn't fit well in the frame. Unless it had been closed in just the right way, it wouldn't stay shut. 

The interior was painted blue, though it was several shades darker than the hairs of his head. 2D was seated on the windowsill, resting a leg against his dresser. The drawers teetered unevenly on two stacks of bricks. The window was open.

Smoke slithered into every crease and corner in the room. It was earthy and fresh.

"Oh, sorry, I - Uh."