[+] Three Hearts, Seven Seas, Twelve Moons

It was a sunny Friday afternoon when Ace packed his bags and bid farewell to Gorillaz.

I was crestfallen. He had been a delightful breath of fresh air. His mere presence seemed to tame Murdoc's vulgarity somewhat. Everyone else had already gathered in the common room to say their goodbyes.

Before I had the opportunity to congregate with the rest of the band downstairs, Ace pulled me aside. He was standing alone in the hall with one of his long arms awkwardly bent behind him. His hair was slicked back. He was dressed well. His rigid posture set him an inch or two taller than 2D, which meant that he essentially towered over me. However, there was nothing intimidating about him once I'd gotten used to his devilish smile and greenish complexion.

"Saoirse, you got a minute?"

He removed his sunglasses and folded them, carefully hanging them around the collar of his shirt. It was abnormal to see him take them off. His irises were as dark as his pupils; his eyes pitched upward at the outer corners. Faint wrinkles accented the edges, vaguely hinting at his age.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Got something for you. It's not much," he said, revealing a slim black present in his hand, "You guys have been awful welcoming to me. I figured a parting gift was the least I could manage."

"Hey, don't say it like that. You make it sound like we'll never work together again."

"Good point," he smirked, "Anyway, this is for you. Thanks for being cool."

He handed me a thin package wrapped in dark tissue paper. I tore it open eagerly, inspecting the case in my hand with unrestrained delight. In large silver letters across the front were the words Resident Evil 4. It was a copy for a Playstation 2. I'd be able to play it in my room if I wanted. I was elated.

"Personally, I think it's the best one in the series."

"I don't even know what to say," I laughed in astonishment, "Thank you. This is awesome."

"Don't mention it," he patted me on the shoulder, "Keep in touch."

"You too. Seriously, you can drop in any time."

"I just might."

Ace slid his sunglasses back on with a single swift motion and set off down the stairs. In either hand he carried a modest duffel bag that was a lot more stuffed than it had been when he first arrived. I quickly put the game in my bedroom and joined everyone else downstairs.

The air was tense in the common room. Ace's departure seemed to weigh heavy on all of us. He had become part of our close knit group. The house wouldn't be the same without him.

Murdoc shook his hand and made some odd remark about working on memoirs, and to stay out of trouble. I tried not to roll my eyes at the irony of him being the one to say that.

I figured that Ace already touched base with 2D and Russel as well. He waved at the three of us.

When he'd gotten over to Noodle, the last person he meant to formally address, she looked forlorn. Stray tears budded in the edges of her emerald eyes, sparkling like stars. He shook her hand. She abruptly pulled him into a hug and thanked him.

I hadn't forgotten how much stability his company provided for us in our time of need.

The front door shut quietly. We were left alone with each other for the first time since before Murdoc was arrested. I held on to 2D's hand. He was trembling nervously. I assumed that Ace leaving hit us all a little harder than we thought it would.

I looked to Murdoc. He was staring at the door as if he were intent on boring a hole straight through it. Russel cleared his throat from the corner of the room which finally broke Murdoc free of his tethered gaze.