[+] PAC-MAN

I told him everything.

Resting my head on his shoulder, his hands beneath my knees, I explained what I had seen. 2D trudged forward. He nodded occasionally to indicate that he was listening. 

The path he guided us on was full of twists and turns. It wasn't remotely similar to the way we had taken into town. For a brief moment, I was concerned that we may have gotten lost. I soon realized that his misdirection was purposeful. 2D was not taking us back to the house.

I questioned him. It was a pointless effort. He continuously steered the conversation back to the dream I had when I fainted.

He prodded me for details. He asked what sort of material the church was composed of, what the inside looked like, and if I recalled what denomination it was. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer all of his questions. I certainly tried. I found it strange how he dug for specifics. He was being abnormally thorough. I wondered why any of those things mattered.

On the other hand, I was happy that he let me talk about it for so long. I didn't object.

"Yew sure 'at's all yew rememba?"

"Yeah, that's everything."

I huffed, catching my breath after rattling off for a stretch. Before he could say it aloud, I continued.

"If I remember anything else, I'll tell you."

He turned his head to catch a glance at me. His hair flopped unevenly to the side. His eyes squinted through the haze of the setting sun. He swiftly looked away, a crimson blush creeping over his cheeks. 

"Fanks, luv."

"No, thank you. It was nice to be able to get that off my chest. Now," I whispered to him, "Where are you taking me?"

2D chuckled nervously, the rosiness of his flushed complexion growing darker. 

"Uh, well. We're 'ere, actually."

I patted him on the chest to signal I was ready to be let down. He crouched slightly so that I wouldn't have to drop from his height.

It wasn't until I was standing on my own two feet that I heard the sound of bells and music somewhere nearby. The building we stood in front of was mostly dark. It had no windows. Pale weatherworn posters were plastered on every open area of the brick walls. I wandered to the edge of the sidewalk to get a better look at the sign above the door.

According to the flickering neon letters, it was an arcade.

To say that I was excited would have been an understatement.

The interior was illuminated with UV light. It danced along the abstract ring patterns painted on the carpet, causing them to emanate a dull glow of their own. Arcade machines lined every wall, ringing and howling wildly, calling out from the cohesive torrent of noise surrounding us. Newer models were arranged in the middle of the floor, constructed into narrow alleyways of booths with fancy looking plastic guns and dark curtains. The air was heavy with the scent of butter and popcorn.

I was so awestruck that I froze in the doorway. There was a strong gust of wind. The glass door slammed into me where I stood which caused me to stumble forward. 2D instinctively latched on to my wrist, stalling me enough to catch my balance.

I scolded myself for always being too excitable for my own good. 2D laughed and suggested that we start with one of the traditional models on the left. 

The leftmost section was clearly the oldest. It was also the least noisy. Since there was an open floor plan, it didn't really make much difference in the grand scheme of things.