Chapter 7 - Duel

TW// violence

~•~•~•~

You came back from your trans, lost in memories. Light was still coming from the crack in the wall, now dimming and tinging the horizon to more of a red and orange than blue. You looked down on your hands - they were still clutching the stick you picked up earlier. Your grip eased and let the wood fall onto the bed.

Suddenly, a tall figure appeared in the hole. They crouched, as they stepped inside. Their red and green eyes glowed in the room, glazing at you.

"Your clothes were damp, so I took some towels out and tried to dry you somewhat. I wasn't sure if you were comfortable with- umm... Anyway, your stuff is in these chests. " Ranboo pointed at the coffers lying in the corner.

"I sewed up your wound, so it wouldn't get infected. Take that as a favor from Wilbur. And- you're in Paradise, if you're wondering." He was still bent down, the ceiling was too low for his figure.

"Wilbur said to help you with equipping everything on." The enderman hybrid came closer, offering you a hand.

You hesitated, not sure if to let him take care of you. He was with Wilbur, so this wouldn't be a trap, right?

You accepted his hand, and he pulled you up from the bed, holding on your arm and the injured side, making sure to not let you fall down. Your leg blazed from the sudden movement, but you swallowed the pain and went on.

Ranboo picked up your belts, armor and weapons from the chests, as you stood there awkwardly, your one leg swinging in the air from one side to another.

He helped you dress up, being careful on around your injury, putting the armor fondly as possible. Every time you flinched or hissed, he instantly started apologizing, and you told him it was fine.

When you were ready to go, Ranboo gave you a wooden staff to help you walk around.

You thanked him, embarrassed of your inability to even dress yourself.  The enderman walked out of the room into the forest, turning left. You followed him, your steps uneven, as you limped. The burger van appeared, with Ranboo going in.

You headed to Las Nevadas, your teeth clenched, as every movement made your leg blaze in pain.

Where is Purpled? If Ranboo or Wilbur took me to the Paradise... Then where was he in the moment of the pass out? We were supposed to meet at the community house- and he didn't come there before Wilbur. He's surely worried.

You stepped through the entrance of the city, heading to your hotel room. No one approached you, or even saw your coming. Or that's what you thought. Your hotel room was still the same as you left it.

Your body dropped onto the bed, exhausted by the small walk. You despised your incapacity to do anything, fighting was completely out of the window, and simple walking made your leg cramp in agony.

I need to find Purpled as soon as possible- He said that he'll wait at the entrance of the Prison. Maybe he followed Sam?

You tried to stand up, the wounded leg protesting against your decision. Your palms clutched the wooden staff, bringing your body up. Tiredness hit you, but you carried on and went downstairs.

Familiar winged person sat there in a chair, with a drink in his hand. You froze dead in the tracks, as another man was behind him, with a grip around someone's else's throat.

Purpled looked you, terrified, as his hands grasped onto Sam's arm, holding him.

Quackity spoke up, his calculated voice sending chills down your spine. He didn't have any armor on him, which only deepened your uneasiness.