Chapter 12 - Friends forever

TW// Blood

~•~•~•~

You woke up from your thoughts, gazing around the cell. Technoblade fell asleep, silently snoring, his back leaned against the obsidian. But another person beside him wasn't sleeping. Dream's green eyes stared into yours, peering right through them. The bottom of his face was covered by the red cloak, given by Techno, so all you saw was the pair of those unsettling eyes.

"Ah (y/n), you never change- Remember the old times? When we used to be friends- Not betraying everyone around us..." He snickered, gazing at you.

"You're still bringing that up, huh?" You eyed at him without moving a muscle, bringing back the poker face you used all the time. Your legs shifted slightly, you sitting with your arms wrapped around your knees. You flinched at the touch, tweak spiking through your lower half. The potion you drank muted the pain coming from your wound and eased the knot in your stomach, but it didn't remove them entirely.

"What else can I do? You don't even let me close to the clock." Dream nudged the red cloth down, revealing a glimpse of his mouth. His hands pulled on the fabric, the gown slowly sliding from his shoulders.

"Well- that's because you would just- burn it." You eased the grip around your legs, your form leaning against the obsidian. Your eyes darted to the clock, noticing small cracks forming on its edges. That wasn't there before-

"No... I just want to spin it." Dream snickered, getting a small chuckle out of you. This conversation was so- bizzare.

Techno shifted, making Dream and you stiff. Both of your heads snapped to look at the sleeping man, silence covering the room like a thick blanket.

"But- (y/n)." Dream glared at you, moving his attention back. The heavy cloth around him fell off, creating a circlic pile of folded fabric, and revealed his face and arms, which couldn't be previously seen.

"Is there anything the Sam wants from you?" He tilted his head, eerie uncanniness setting in. a smile rose on his face.

He's just playing with you. Don't listen to him.

"Dream- why should I tell you?" Your voice cut through the moment of silence, you shaking with your head and raising your shoulders. Dream smiled even more, narrowing his eyes, seemingly peering right into your mind.

"It's for the good of both of us."

"That still doesn't mean that I should tell you what Sam wants from me- if he wants anything at all." You changed your position, now sitting with your legs eased and stretched out, arms and back supporting your form.

Dream chuckled.

"Aren't you with me?" He sighed, sounding more pleased than dissapointed or annoyed.

"This is getting better and better- because now..." Dream's words induced uneasiness, you sensing that he had an ace up his sleeve. He shifted, hand covering the right side of his face, his left eye peering at you with an animal-like hunger.

"Beside your common switch of sides and complete unloyalty towards your bussiness partners- you have another reason to stay by my side. I'll list all the things that bind you with me - our past before SMP, the fact you were with me from the start of L'Manburg, our deal, your first favour, deals you made with other people I sided with, your betrayal towards everyone expect me, and now- a second favour." Dream stood up, looking down at you. He headed to the lava wall, his back facing you.

"You know (y/n)- that I am the only person capable of retraining this server. You know that I am the only real option to side with. Wilbur, Schlatt, Tubbo- They never had power! Because- All the time- I have it. Even now- when they locked me up and tortured me- I still have power! I always have! They're wrapped up in their own world of peace and flowers- they overlook the fact that no one- Absolutely NO ONE- ever had a speck of power in their hands! They are all just pawns on a chessboard, bound to whatever king they are with. And they'll never know that all of their actions- are controlled by someone." His blond curls snapped back, as he promptly turned around, insanity in his eyes. Dream laughed uncontrollably, his locks whirling, creating a fine net, adding to his overall look of someone who's mind was completely taken apart and put back together. His arms were spread apart, almost showing you the span of his control.