Chapter 14 - Trust issues

TW// panic attack, death of a character(?), metioned blood

~•~•~•~

Wilbur pov

"So you've finally come-" I cooed, waiting for him before the burger van.

"Nice to see you too." Dream beckoned, walking slowly towards me. By his side, a familiar enderman hybrid appeared. I have already suspected that Ranboo was special. But this- this surprised me.

Dream accepted my offered hand and shook it. Only now, I noticed the blood and clear cuts on his arm. And his face - this was the first time I saw it close enough to distinguish his features.

"Do you have gear? 'Cause there's still some things I need to repay..." Dream smirked. "A lot of them."

~•~•~•~

"So it won't be a problem for you to have a little deal behind Quackity's back, right?"

You kneeled before the television, your eyes shut. The first days of your stay here were manageable to say at least - most of the time, you laid on the floor and played with the little necklace around your neck, not speaking to anyone. But if you needed to, you only chatted with Ghostbur. Schlatt was always asleep and Mexican Dream- you just didn't like him.

The television before you were playing the familiar voice lines again and again, driving you crazy. The way how it repeated your mistakes over and over, showing all of the people you always disappointed, you betrayed, you lied to.

"(Y/n), I know about every. single. one. of your deals. So, here's a plan. Join Manburg. Even if you already work for Pogtopia."

Every time you accepted a deal from the opposite field - that didn't let you go completely without doubting yourself and feeling remorse for your actions. But that didn't matter- way to power isn't easy and without doing bad things, right?

"Join me. Together, we'll be able to kill Technoblade."

You could feel it - these lines, these channels of you talking with Dream, Wilbur, Schlatt, Quackity- it was breaking you.

"You shouldn't be with me. If there's going to be a 3v20 people pvp battle, we won't stand a chance. I care about you - (y/n), Punz, you are the only people that stood by my side from the start. Even if you were only in the shadows. So-"

All those deals were playing in your head over and over again, drowning you in self loath.

"It was never meant to be."

"Let's destroy the Egg for good."

"You'll rule with me!"

"Choose carefully."

"I can do what I want."

"Goodbye. And don't forget."

"Join Pog- Pog- Pog- L'- L'- Manbu- Man- Las Nevadas."

You trembled, your fingers digging into your sides. Your head touched your knees as you completely bent over.

"(Y/n), you okay?" Ghostbur's gentle, sweet voice broke your barriers. You didn't respond, shaking in your curled up position.

Your arms flied through the air, catching the television by its sides. You tried to lift it up and throw it, but some unknown force didn't let you.

Your clenched fist hit the rounded screen. You hissed, the screen was firm and your hand really didn't stand a chance against it.

You tried again, earning another yelp from your mouth. Your hands clutched the antennas on the television's top, trying to rip them out or bend them. But they didn't even budge.