Chapter 20 - Am I a villain, in this story?

TW// violence, derealization, character death

~•~•~•~

"What is it that you want, Quackity?" Wilbur's voice bounced off of the floors and ceiling of the Needle. You were currently hiding above an elevator that let into a dark office, trying to overhear anything important. It wasn't a challenge to hide, as the long shadows of the night have given you a solid place to stay and be left unnoticed.

"I want power, Wilbur. You told me- power is gained from swords. Power is gained from blades. You can make a revolution, but you'll lose everything. You should be the one person that understands me." Quackity clicked with his tongue, glancing at the figure behind him. The Warden stood ominously in the Gamblers' king's shadow, noting every single move Quackity's opponent made.

A sharp response followed right after. "If we're so alike, why didn't you let me join you?"

Quackity peered at Wilbur, his brown eyes blazing with anger. That was a brash question and Wilbur knew it.

Well, this is finally interesting.

"You know why." Big Q's words dangerously lowered down, as well as his head. "I couldn't let another country be taken by you." The duck hybrid stepped to Wilbur's chest, giving him a death stare.

"But do you understand the concequences that came with such a desicion?" Wilbur sneered and lowered his head down, retaliating.

The two players stared each other down, tension sparking between them.

"I accept every single one of them."

Only the upcoming silence has given you a chance to finally enjoy the quiet night.

Not for long.

Suddenly, Dream appeared through the water elevator and darted into the room that quickly that he didn't even mark your existence. Knuckles white and hands trembling, he took on a fight stance with his sword.

The Warden's reflexes have never stopped to amaze you.

Metal clashed against metal.

You peeked around the corner to see more.

Sam and Dream danced the death's tango, dodging and striking with their own blades. Behind them, Quackity and Wilbur stood, unstirred by the sudden apppparence of the escaped inmate, although Quackity's clenched jaw revealed his true emotions.

The Warden and his prisoner weren't as different as they seemed on the first glance. If you were to compare their fighting skills... They were both execellent and had an unbelievable level of skill behind their moves.

So they fought for a while, giving out strikes after strikes, blows after blows and clashes after clashes of swords, axes, even tridents, against each other's armor pieces and weapons.

Dream's blade on Sam's throat, Sam's blade on Dream's, their chests moving up and down, they finished their dance with an unclear result. The Warden's hard look down on his enemy only indicated his absolute hatred to the man in front of him.

As they didn't move a muscle, Quackity took it as a opportunity to step in. His hand on Sam's shoulder, he spoke up.

"Hello, my old friend, long time no see, huh? You know Dream... It's nice that you paid me a little visit, similar to how I used to..." His face housed a sadistic smirk, mentioning the countless hours of torture he put Dream through.

Quackity took a step closer, his eyes locking on Dream's front. "You even got a new mask since the last time. Probably keep that on, nobody wants to see how your new face looks now..."