Chapter Forty Nine.

Chapter Forty Nine. 

            I felt like I couldn’t breathe as I watched the door and waited for her to come outside. It was hot out, which certainly didn’t help since I was in a suit and my fingers kept fidgeting on the strings of the guitar. Leave it to me to not get nervous in front of millions of fans but I felt like I was going to pass out right in this moment because it was Sophia.

            There was a trail of roses and an endless amount of candles on the sand, an extremely long one, and the plan I had in my head was that I would sing to her Marry Me by Jason Derulo because, well, I think it suited us except that it would be acoustic and without all the beats and everything. I thought it would be more romantic that way.

            Maybe it wasn’t romantic and as my legs were fucking shaking from being such a baby right now I was starting to regret this. Not regretting asking her to marry me again but the way I had set it up. Maybe she didn’t like the dress and maybe she was upset that I had spent the money but when I heard the door open I think my heart immediately stopped in my chest.

            Even though I felt like crying when I saw her because she always took my breath away and even when she stood there in shock because she was finally piecing it together, I ignored all of the fears of her saying no and her not wanting this and began to play as I stood there on the sand, my fingers strumming the tune I’ve been practicing for I don’t know how long now.

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That’s precisely what I plan to do

And you know one of these days when I get my money right

Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life

We’ll forever be in love, so there ain’t no need to rush

But one day I won’t be able to ask you loud enough

I’ll say, ‘Will you marry me?”

I swear that I will mean it

I’ll say, “Will you marry me?”

            My falsetto was straining because of the damn high note or from how nervous I was and her hand was covering her mouth as she was walking towards me rather fast, the pink dress defining every curve possible and smile lighting up the entire world it seemed like. I wanted her in my arms right now. She couldn’t walk fast enough.

            My fears were evaporating because if she wasn’t going to say yes, she wouldn’t be looking this happy and if she wasn’t going to say yes she wouldn’t be walking so fast and then I almost started to cry because she was running now towards me. She was running down the beach to be with me and dammit we were engaged again and it had worked. I had done it.

How many girls in the world can make me feel like this?

Baby I don’t ever plan to find out