Chapter 23

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 23

Malayo palang ay natatanaw na ni Jia ang kaharian ng Qin habang nakasakay sa kanyang kabayo. Maliban sa pasikretong pagpasok dito para mangalap ng impormasyon tungkol sa kaharian ay kailanman ay hindi siya nakapasok dito bilang isang panauhin.

The Qin and Xing have been mortal enemies since the time of their forefathers. But she had already suffered the bitter taste of war when her beloved brother died in the hands of the current Emperor, Zhang Wei.

She saw the black flags of her enemy waving in the sky at its gates. A bitter feeling suddenly clutched in her chest that made her want to throw up with pure disgust.

Now that she chose to be a Princess in tribute to the Emperor, she had no choice but to hold it in until her plans succeeded.

While nearing the borders of Qin, the memory of her conversation with her father flashes back into her mind.

"Are you really planning to become Emperor Zhang Wei's bride?" he asked with a soft voice. "This is a dangerous path, my Princess. You'll never know how that Emperor's mind works, and I don't have any ties with their court. I'm afraid that your life will be in danger once you've stepped inside his lair. "

Kasalukuyan silang nasa loob ng courtroom noong mga sandaling iyon habang pinag-uusapan ang binabalak ng anak.

"Father," Princess Jia spoke in front of him. "I will never forget the pain that he has caused by killing my brother. This is the only way I can avenge his death."

"Princess," the Emperor spoke. "It's already been years since the day your brother died on the battlefield. It is true that the Emperor Zhang Wei beheaded him in the battle, and that scarred your heart. But this decision of being a princess tribute just to take revenge on him will only lead you to misery. I'm afraid this will only make your life more unhappy."

"Father," she answered. "Worry not, for my heart has been frozen since the day my brother died. On his grave, I made a promise that I would kill Zhang Wei with my own bare hands. This is my only way to atone for my sin of being an unfilial sister to him. "

The Emperor could only take a deep breath, for he had already given up on convincing his daughter to stop her plans.

"Then tell me, what do you plan to do?" The Emperor asked. "Are you planning to place a knife in the Emperor's throat once you've arrived at his lair? Remember that he has the greatest and most skilled soldiers in this land. Zhang Wei won't even need to order his soldiers to kill you once you become a threat to their Emperor."

Nagbaba naman ng tingin si Jia bago siya nagsalita.

"It is true that I've never got the chance to get close to Zhang Wei because of the high security that his empire has. So I've decided that the only way to kill him is to get close to him as a concubine and strike him when the time is right. "

The Emperor helplessly answered, "You will not be able to get out of his palace once you've killed him. Are you really planning to break my heart while dying in a foreign land?"

Jia drew a meaningful smile on her face.

"Father, Zhang Wei is a skilled warrior, so it is impossible to kill him in the usual manner..." she said and then smirked. "I can't kill him using a knife, so I will kill him using his heart."

Hindi mapigilan ni Jia na manggalaiti sa galit habang nakatitig sa papalapit na kaharian.

Now that she has finally arrived in her enemy's lair, she will stop at nothing to avenge her brother's death. She will make sure that Zhang Wei dies in her hands in any way.