Chapter 55

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 55

What...is this? Yixing was dumbfounded to see what was in front of him.

The black flags of Qin were proudly raised in lines, while the massive number of warriors stood so powerful in front of the palace walls of Xing. With their menacing growls, ferocious black wolves prowled the area, ready to strike at any moment their master gave them the signal.

Emperor Zhang Wei stands in front of them, dressed in black armor and a cloak. His magnificent sword, which had claimed the lives of thousands, was slung over his back and ready to be drawn at any time.

This is the powerful soldiers of Qin. He'd heard a lot of stories about it, but seeing it right in front of his eyes made his body tingle.

You bastard. While his gaze was fixated on the Emperor, he pondered. You really love making fun of me this much?

A soldier appeared before him and said, "Your Majesty! The Emperor of Qin has sent a messenger!"

He turned his attention to the soldier.

"Bring him in!" he ordered.

A Qin soldier dressed in black armor appeared in his sight.

The messenger did not even gave him a courtesy before speaking.

"His majesty, Emperor Zhang Wei has brought a message!" he spoke. "He demanded for you to open the gates and have a talk."

Yixing smirked.

He definitely saw the Empress Chin. He thought. For him to be so calm, he must realize that his Empress' life is in my hands.

He believes that if it weren't for the Empress Chin, Zhang Wei would have destroyed the entire Xing by now, with no bargaining or discussion. But he can't put his woman's life in the hands of the enemy.

"So now, he wants a talk." He mockingly replied. "But what if I don't give him what he wants?"

The messenger merely gazed at him with those cold, dead eyes, and what he said next took him completely by surprise.

"His majesty relayed that if you do not comply, his majesty will have no choice but to slaughter everyone outside the palace until there is no one soul remaining," the Qin soldier said, his voice cold. "His majesty is not requesting for you to comply. He is commanding you."

Yixing grit his teeth with anger.

You dare to use the lives of my people against me. He thought. You bastard. I did not know that you could play dirty.

But now that he's seeing this massive amount of Qin's strongest army, he finally realized something.

Zhang Wei did not come here for a war. He has come to slaughter.

How could Xing's little army stand a chance against such a vast force? Zhang Wei's army is also known for being the most competent and powerful in this region of the world. Any nation they've come up against has been swept under their Emperor's feet like pests.

Now, he has no choice but to give whatever this Emperor is requesting.

He could only sigh deeply before turning to his soldiers.

"Open the gates!" he ordered.

Matapos niyang ibigay ang order ay mabilis siyang bumaba mula sa pader na kinatutunghayan at naglakad papasok ng palasyo.

Nilingon niya si Faoren na nakasunod lang sa kanya at nagsalita.

"Where is Fei?" He asked.

"She is locked inside her room as what you have ordered, your majesty." Faoren replied.