Chapter 33

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 33

It's already been three days since I last saw Zhang Wei and also three days since I've been locked up inside my own palace.

Ngayong araw din ipapataw sa Empress ang dethronement at execution pero wala akong magawa. Just the thought of that makes me feel hopeless.

At hindi ko din maintindihan kung bakit ipinadala ni Zhang Wei si Qingyuan ngayong umagang ito para samahan akong mamasyal sa labas ng palasyo.

Is he doing this to divert my attention from the upcoming execution of the Empress?

"His majesty has allowed you to visit the outside world, your highness." Qingyuan spoke to me with that usual smile. "This is his majesty's gift for following his order."

Following his order?

Paano ba ako hindi makakasunod eh pinuno niya ng sundalo ang buong paligid ng palasyo ko?!

I've been stuck inside my palace for days, and this is his way of making amends with me? Joke ba siya?

Anong magagawa ng pagpasyal sa labas ng palasyo sa disappointment na nararamdaman ko ngayon?

How can I enjoy the beauty of the outside world knowing that the Empress will be executed within the next hours?!

Kasalukuyan kaming naglalakad sa gitna ng busy na market ng kaharian habang kasama ko pareho sina Mei at Qingyuan.

"Your highness, his majesty must have given this because he understands how much you wanted to visit the outside world." Wika naman ni Mei mula sa tabi ko. "You must enjoy your day and you must not think of anything else."

Isa pa itong si Mei.

Alam kong ginagawa nila ito para mawala ang sama ng loob ko.

Napatingin ako sa mga nagkalat na merchants sa paligid. I heard that some merchants here are coming from other places, and Zhang Wei only opened his borders for them to help Qin's economy.

"Wow," walang kaga-gana kong wika habang naglakakad. "Ang saya nga. Wait, I can smell something. I can smell disappointment. Can you smell it too?"

Atsaka ko sila nilingon pareho.

Hindi sila makapagsalita.

Kaya nilingon ko ang isang tindahan na nagbebenta ng candied cherries doon at bumili ng isa. Matapos iyon ay kinain ko ang isa bago ako nagsalita ulit.

"Wow, ang sarap naman nito. Hmm...too bad that I can only taste bitterness and pain." Walang gana kong sagot.

This time ay mukhang umandar na naman ang kasamaan ng ugali ni Qingyuan.

"Your highness must stop acting like a brat and must start giving appreciation for his majesty's generosity." With a sweet smile on his face, he said. "Wrapping someone else's corpse and throwing it into the nearby Qin river is really not that hard to do. What do you think, your highness?"

Here he is again.

Threatening me with that sweet smile on his face.

Why can't he just show his true feelings?

Pero tama nga naman sila. Ngayon lang ako pinagbigyan ni Zhang Wei na makalabas ng palasyo kaya kailangan kong sulitin ito.

But how about the Empress?

It is really too late to save her from the execution?

Nilingon ko si Qingyuan na naglalakad mula sa likuran ko.