Chapter 53

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 53

The Xing empire is one of the strongest empires on this continent. I heard that there was a decades-long war between them and Qin until it was stopped by sending the eighth princess as a tribute to the Emperor of Qin. The alliance between the two empires made her the new Empress of the other land. But now, they're back at each other's throats after a short period of peace.

When Yixing found me and brought me to this place, he immediately hired me as one of his imperial guards. At first, I was hesitant to wield a sword, but as time passed by, I slowly got used to it. But I'm still nowhere near to the skills of his old imperial guards. I bet he only felt bad that I'd lost all of my memories and was left orphaned by the evil Emperor of Qin.

Emperor Zhang Wei...

Hatred suddenly flared up in my chest as I gritted my teeth with anger. He slaughtered my whole family and left me to survive in this world. I'll make sure that he'll pay the price for killing all of my loved ones. I'll make him regret letting me live, even for just a day.

Yixing was right. I need to seek revenge for the death of my family.

Ngayong umaga ay naghahanda na ako para sa paglalakbay namin patungo sa borders ng Xing nang bigla akong binisita ng isang hindi inaasahang panauhin.

"I heard that his majesty created problems with you again yesterday, Fei." That morning, Empress Chuhua spoke to me inside my room.

Mabilis naman akong yumuko bilang pag-galang sa kanya.

"Worry not, your majesty. It is my duty to keep him safe and unharmed." I replied.

Kasalukuyan akong nagsusuot ng armor sa loob ng kwarto ko pero laking gulat ko nang biglang dumating ang Empress.

Hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit ang pinaka-makapangyarihan na babae sa kaharian na ito ay nagpunta mismo sa loob ng kwarto ng mga imperial guards para kausapin ako.

Ah, that's right.

There is a rumor going around that I am one of Emperor Yixing's secret mistresses. The closeness between us is creating unnecessary misunderstandings in the palace.

I'm sure that the Empress thinks the same.

"Fei," she called my name.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"It is my worry that his majesty might be harmed in the battle with Qin. I'm here to request that you protect him with all of your life when you're with him. We all know that His Majesty is a hard-headed person and you're the only person that His Majesty listens to. " She spoke in her soft voice.

After ascending to the throne a year ago, his majesty was forced to take one of the Minister's daughter as his Empress.

Nagtaas naman ako ng mukha at tinitigan ang maganda niyang mukha na punong-puno ng pag-aalala.

But the way I'm seeing the sadness into the Empress' face, I can say that she truly cares for his majesty.

"His majesty might be immature and hard-headed at times, but he is a strong man and his battle skills are exceptional." I've tried to convince her. "Your majesty can rest assured that there will be no harm that will fall with his majesty during the battle."

A faint smile was painted into her lips like she was finally assured.

"Very well." She replied. "I know that you're busy preparing now for your trip to the Xing's borders. I won't hold you any longer."