56

•••

Months went by pretty much easily between the two of them. Sometimes, getting into arguments that are quickly resolved by communicating. The two wouldn't let each other go to sleep without talking, and fequently reminded themselves about the importance of listening, understanding, patience and communication.

Wedding preparations recently began and the couple couldn't be more excited. The plan is to get married before Bea goes to San Francisco to study Law next year.

Speaking of, Bea has opened the topic little by little again to Jia and she sees her fiancée beginning to be open on the idea of moving in together in the US. Jia plans to inform her family first before coming into a decision since this would mean living away for years.

And tonight, Bea is celebrating her 26th birthday with Jia, friends and family inside her house. Hindi nawala ang booze dahil parte na ng sistema ni Bea ang pagiging tanggera at maging si Jia ay hindi nakatakas sa mga hirit nito. Jia knew her habit but never imagined Bea would be this persistent in passing a glass for each one of them to drink. Nobody is allowed to say no because she'll come back until you finally drink.

Jia is busy conversing with their friends when a hand appears in front with a half filled shot glass. Natawa sila dahil alam nilang si Bea ang nasa likod. Jia took the shot and honestly lost count on how many she downed. Bea hugged from behind and rested her chin on Jia's shoulder, humming and slightly tipsy.

"Nako, BDL! Isa na lang at matutumba na si Jia!" Asar ni Deanna.

"Hilo ka na, baby? Akyat na kita." Bea said and Jia shook her head.

"Huwag, Ji! Delikado!" Biglang sambit ni Maddie habang nainom.

"Para-paraan ka!" Jia laughed and lightly pats Bea's cheeks. Namula si Bea sa hiya at dala ng alak. "Pahinga ka muna sa pag-inom, ang dami na masyado."

"Gusto ko pa, baby." Bea whined and kissed her cheek. She raises her right hand, "Last na."

"Last na kundi kukurutin kita." Jia kisses her lips before Bea stopped hugging and went to get a shot. Ponggay taps Jia's shoulder, "O?"

"Gusto ko lang sabihin na buti na lang kayo ang nagkatuluyan." Ponggay said with a huge smile. Deanna and Therese nods in agreement. "Alam mo, lahat ng sumubok dyan hindi talaga nabagay sa kanya. Sa'yo lang umiba, we're happy she met you."

Jia gazes at Bea who smiles while staring and chugging on her beer mug. Bea stood beside Loel and he is drinking also while they talked. Bumalik ang tingin niya kina Ponggay at lahat sila'y ngumiting kinikilig.

"I'm lucky. She's a headache but a blessing."

"Well, may isang muntik na." Therese chimes in making Jia look, "But nada, that person wasn't good for Bea at all."

Jia slowly nodded in surprise, "Ah, walang binanggit si Bea sa akin."

"Hindi na rin niya 'yon maalala, tagal na nu'n." Therese added.

"That's still a part of her past... apparently? Wala talaga siyang binanggit sa akin." Jia said. That's interesting. She thought and bit her lower lip, "Siguro ayaw na lang niyang sabihin."

"Kabilin-bilinan ng Lola, 'wag nang uminom ng serbesa!"

Natawa silang tumitingin kina Mich, Ana at Kat na halos isigaw na ang kinakanta sa karaoke. That also quickly averted Jia's attensyon from what she heard earlier. It's not her job to know but thinks it may not be too bad if she asks some other time.